Chapter One: Where Am I?

What is the meaning of life?
That's the question we cannot answer
Someone said to make a meaning of life is to create it
But it is too late now

I want to go back
To the days I was happy
When I had a purpose in my life
Please God, give me what I want
I want to be a better person

But life is not a miracle
That we can expect at will
It is a reality
That we have to accept

So as I face my final breath
With regret and sorrow
I pray for forgiveness
And hope for tomorrow”

“Please, God give me another chance to live again”

I opened my eyes and saw myself lying on a hospital bed. My head was pounding and I could barely remember what had happened. The last thing I recalled was being hit by a truck. I was surprised that I didn’t have any scars or injuries. How did I survive?

“THANK YOU, GOD. ” as i said happily, “I promise to you I'll become a better version of myself, thank for your miracle”

I heard someone open the door and I thought it was the nurse. But when I looked up, I saw a man I didn’t recognize, yet he seemed familiar. He was wearing a gray suit, had blonde hair, and his eyes were like obsidian. He smiled and walked towards me.

“You’re awake, Detective Latil. I was really worried about you yesterday,” he said.

“Latil?” I was confused to what he just said.

“You are mistaken, Mister. My name is Yvonne. You got the wrong room, sir.”

He looks at me dumbfounded “Are you still drunk, Detective?” he asked.

I looked at him with disbelief “Excuse you? I was here in the hospital because I got hit by a truck and I am not a detective!”

The blonde man laughed. “I guess you are still drunk, Detective. Yesterday, I saw you drinking in the bar, so I followed you and you passed out in the streets. Next time, bring some friends. Oh, sorry, Detective. I forgot that you always want to be alone, sorry.” He smiled sincerely.By the way, congrats on your case. I can’t even solve it myself!”

I looked at him, bewildered. “Look, I am not a detective. My name is Yvonn Earhart.
You got the wrong room, sir.  I am not drunk, besides i do not even drink. I was here because I got hit by a truck!”

He was shocked. “Did you get amnesia, Detective?”

I shook my head. “What? No!”

He clasped his hands over his mouth. “I failed to protect you, Detective! Huhuhuhu!” he cried.

I raised an eyebrow. “Uhm, that was very dramatic,” I said.

He wiped his tears and composed himself. “I will help you regain your memories, Detective! My name is Jan Suk!” he said, smiling.

Jan Suk? That name was familiar. I had heard it somewhere. And then it hit me. I was shocked.

“Monster. This is Monster.”

He tilted his head. “Monster? Are you okay, Detective?” he said, concerned.

I removed my intravenous and rushed to the bathroom. I saw myself in the mirror. I saw a pale, black-haired woman with black eyes. An Asian woman. This is not me. Who is this woman?

Suk knocked on the door. “Are you okay, Detective?”

I was about to open the door suddenly, There's in my body feels something fighting back.. And my body feels weaker and I feel sleepy and everything went to dark