Chapter 1: The girl on the ARK

"Beginning process," said a metallic voice.

It pressed the buttons on a nearby console, the glass container was filled with green liquid containing the precious being.

The fluid slowly drained and the robot figure shut down before it could take a another step. As soon as the liquid completely drained, the door swung open revealing a female hedgehog with golden quills helplessly falling onto the floor. Her eyes opened madly as she coughed up the liquid out of her lungs. She was cold and only wore a white night gown. Once she stopped coughing she saw only blurs of color, then they focused on a light emanating above her. As it cleared she saw a familiar face.

"G-grandfather?" she said raising her head up weakly at the transmission screen.

"My dear granddaughter don't be afraid, I know you feel uneasy but trust me when I say this to you now. It's been at least fifty years since your awakening and-," he paused then a tear ran down his face. " I'm not on this earth anymore which means I'm...dead...by now,"Gerald said bowing his head. Maria cried when he said that. "However Maria, Shadow is immortal so he should be around, also I injected his DNA into you so that you could also be immortal, but in return your body had to change into well a... being like Shadow, go on look in the mirror over by your left," Gerald pointed to the left. Maria looked over to the mirror it was dusty but she walked over to it and wiped it off with her yellow colored hand. When she did she looked with awe and gasped in disbelief, " Is this me? I must be dreaming...."

Maria's Pov

My eyes are a bright sapphire blue my skin now fur as yellow as a sunflower petals, that I've seen in a book with flower pictures, my hair now replaced with blonde quills."My Maria I have done a terrible thing, I tried to destroy the earth, and with my rage and fear of feeling that I might not be able to bring you back. I-I am sorry sweet Maria I hate the G.U.N,"he said with his head hung low. I nod in understanding though it is pretty horrible. "Hopefully Shadow saved everyone I really hope he did, that is what he was created for."I stared back at my grandfather to explain what I must do now in hope that I could find Shadow. "Maria there is no time take these items with you," he said very urgently. A secret door opened and a mobian outfit and what looked like a huge blue diamond the size of my hand shown on top of the clothing well preserved. "I don't understand grandfather is that a chaos emerald, how did you get that?"I said confused. " I bet your wondering about the emerald its a fake of the real thing but it has the same properties as the real, use it well also you have the same abilities as Shadow and I added some new ones that might come in handy," he replied. "Now go into one of the rescue pods in the pod bay room they should be operational, now take the stuff and go." He ushered me.

I took my things he gave me and almost walked out the room until he said."I love you Maria, good luck my dearest granddaughter," he said teary eyed then the monitor quickly shut off. I cried with him, "I love you too grandfather I'll miss you terribly," after I said that I ran out of the room and quickly ran to the pod bay room which is familiar. Flashes of memory struck my brain as I reached the door, I opened it with the same code I punched in years ago. After that I ran inside closing the door behind me, I noticed a blood stain by the control panel. "This is where I...died and .... Shadow, did he survive the crash?" My brain was puzzled then I noticed a trunk by a pod I opened it curiously it was the things I left in my room. "Thank you grandfather I will never forget you," I said nodding my head towards the heavens. I shoved the trunk inside the pod set the timer then I dashed inside locking the door behind me. I set the outfit and gem beside me waiting for the drop.

5...4...3...2...1 then my pod dropped and it went faster and faster then a sudden CRASH! And I blacked out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you don't like this idea of Maria coming alive or if you want me to change it please tell me I will be glad for you to tell me what you think. ^-^ hope you enjoy the rest of the story. -AJAYGamer.