°Chapter 1° Welcome to Planet 4546B!

"I'm gonna miss you two." Called Cal's voice from the shuttle's computer.

(Y/N's POV)

This is it, It had been at least, what? 4 or 5 years since the announcement of Sam's demise, all of the planning, research, time, and tears that went into this mission led to this very moment.

Me and my friend Robin are seated side by side in this cramped shuttle, stiffly pressed against the rubber seats. The tension in the vehicle was thick enough to almost be suffocating, however, we both knew this was what we'd been working for. It doesn't matter what hurdles we had to jump to make it here.

legal or not, the reason outweighs the crime.

"We'll find our way back," Robin responded rather quickly, her tight grip locked onto the launch immediately firing forward once the words finally left her lips.

The ship shot out into the dark vastness of space, carefully gliding alongside a passing asteroid shower to cover our shuttles tracks, everything just as it was supposed to go. The closer we fell to the planet's bright surface, the more tense the air in our small ship became. This mission was to be planned and executed properly to solve only one goal in our mind.

Find out the truth behind Sam's sudden death.

Neither me nor Robin had ever been placed into such a serious yet complex situation, however after the release of what happened to my friend's sister everything seemed to fall into place on its own. Robin managed to get an odd amount of connections, which was shocking considering she was never much of a people person in the first place. however seeing the change in her demeanor couldn't help but make me feel sorry for the woman, it's why I had to help. Robin needed the support, I couldn't let her go alone.

~"Approaching 4546B. Surface temperature is-"~

Before the computer's voice could finish its analysis one of the astroids we were cruising beside knocked into the side of our ship, sending a spray of sporadic sparks and pieces of metal flying off the machine, knocking us off of our course. Robin did everything in her power to keep us steered in the right direction, clearly struggling immensely with the ship's now unstable controls.

Before any words could be exchanged between us the shuttle landed with a loud crunch onto the planet's ground surface, sliding across the icy floor to an unsatisfying halt. I let out a few shaky breaths that I had been holding out of sheer terror. Robin unbuckled herself from the confines of the shuttles seats and quickly went straight for the exit hatch, attempting to open it normally with no success. After a few desperate shakes and pounds on the door, she turned to using brute force by kicking down the thing, unbuckling me from my seat before hauling me along with her out of the destroyed shuttle.

~"Drop-pod deployed. Welcome to 4546B. Enjoy your stay!"~

"Holy smokes! That did NOT go as planned." Robin seemed to exclaim more to herself than me. Rubbing the side of her head in a daze while looking over the remains of what was the ship.

"It's better than crashing directly into the water, perhaps there's a chance we can still fix it?" I murmur in a slightly enthusiastic tone, it was more of an attempt to get Robin feeling a bit better even though I was still in a state of shock myself. I give my friend's shoulder a reassuring squeeze before turning back to take a gander at the shuttle along with her.

Robin got a thoughtful look, taking my suggestion into account. "I suppose we could try and find some-" The shuttle apparently decided that our plan was no good, choosing to explode in a bright ball of flames and send all of the supplies inside flying out. Robin shut her mouth and turned fully away from the explosion to face me. I have never seen a look of pure defeat in a woman's eyes like I did as she stared at me.

"I think we should cut our losses, gather everything we can from here, and get to the drop-pod. I'll find a way into the water if you grab everything that came out of the shuttle if it's still in one piece and not hidden in the snow by now." Robin seemed optimistic, although I'm pretty sure it's more of a way to cope than actual optimism. I give a small hum of acknowledgment and an apologetic smile, Robin had a quick look of appreciation before letting you off with a soft hand squeeze, leaving to go explore outside of the little crash site.

"Cut our losses," I repeat back to myself, taking a minute to think before finally trudging along to gather up everything already slightly hidden by the snow, heading in the same direction as Robin before the cold got to me.