Chapter 2

...

"Makes me feel sooooo fine!" The remote in my hand too familiar as I sang out sliding on the tiles from the kitchen to the living room as Hope tuned in with her off key ooooooh making me hold in a stifle raising a brow at London who still had a far away look in her eye with a fake smile on her face. Hope gave her a stink eye making her to get up.

"Helps relive the mind." London busted out laughing so did Hope as if they had anticipated that I would definitely go off key on this line. I didn't let that bring me down as shimmed closer to them now with London on her feet a remote in her hand locked and ready for her favourite part.

"Sexual healing, baby, it's good for me." We sung together in between our laughs as we looked at each other with dance moves that would end the world but no one cared. I looked at the two amazing woman in my life. London was in her pants suit and Hope was in one of my Pyjama sets, she was already here when I got back from work with wine and dinner ready.

Her light blue eyes shimmered under the light, her wavy dark brown hair following the movements of her body as she broke her body dancing, back to back with London who did not let her pants suit stop her rhythm she was actually the only one between us who could dance. I couldn't help the smile on my face as I watched them especially when I saw her genuine smile once again.

Their silhouettes twirled and swayed, lost in the rhythm, as the lyrics of "Sexual Healing" filled the room. It was a carefree moment, a snapshot of friendship and the simple joys found in the shared embrace of music and movement, our jobs, lives and everything else left at the door.

Sinking into the plush cushions of the living room after our spontaneous dance, I take in the my surrounding I have been here a million times but it was always better with them around. The plush rug beneath us cradles our feet, inviting us to linger a little longer. The shelves showcase an eclectic mix of books, each one a window to a different world. Artful decor and personal touches embellish the room, a testament to the life lived within these walls.

We catch our breath, sinking into the embrace of the cozy atmosphere. The living room, a haven of comfort and beauty, becomes the backdrop to shared laughter and a sense of contentment. As we sit, the echoes of our spontaneous dance linger, harmonizing with the tranquility that envelops us.

"After all this time you guys still cannot dance." London started shifting as she poured us a glass of red wine, Hope decreasing the music to a lower volume so we could be able to talk while listening to music. I didn't waste anytime as I latched onto my glass London beating me to it. Hope and I have each other a look of concern before looking at her. She looked at us getting comfortable raising a brow at us before sighing.

"Right now, really?"

"Yes, right now. If you will not stop, then it's best you speak about it because clearly it has you messed up," Hope said, taking a sip from her wine.

"You've had your time," I chimed in.

"It's just—I really can't say much, but people are evil out here. There is so much evil in this world, and it is not fair in any way. The powerful people are gods on this earth. I lost a client, and I'm pretty sure the family he wanted to take to court did it. The case didn't even make it to court."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"I'm okay. It's just—it was my first time on the other side, and never again."