oneshot

🎞️

KIARA was cross with Atharv.

This was nothing new. It was a usual occurrence for both of them to bicker and try to piss each other off. Each time, Atharv would win and Kiara would sulk and seethe in anger.

This time, however, Atharv was not pleased with Kiara. They had been filming the same scene for the entire day and hadn't progressed anywhere.

The director, Ved Agarwal, rubbed his forehead. He, too, was displeased. An unpleasant atmosphere had settled over the filming crew, in distressing silence.

The crew members glanced at each other, wondering what they were to do next. Kiara watched it all, letting out a breath of frustration. She knew she was at fault for this. After Atharv's teasing in the morning, she had been in a bad mood the entire day. It had affected her work.

Kiara glanced at Atharv, who sat under the shade with a blank expression. This is all because of you, you bastard!

She took a few deep breaths. Usually, they would help her calm down. But the pressure of filming the last scene of the film in a satisfactory manner and the stress of the situation weighed on her.

Ved glanced at the two actors, "Why don't you two get along?"

The two stayed silent.

"What is the problem? You two always bicker but you usually never let it affect the filming."

Kiara pursed her lips. Then, she mumbled an apology.

"I don't want an apology."

Ved stayed silent for a minute. 

"Do  you two not realize that once you're done with the scene, you will never have to see each other again?"

Kiara and Atharv whipped their heads up at that.

"Really?!"

"We're not doing any promotions?!"

Ved blinked. They absolutely couldn't stand each other, huh.

Kiara and Atharv glared at each other and turned their faces away. 

"We're not doing any promotions." Ved continued, slowly. "But you might have to see each other if the film is nominated for some award."

"That's okay." Kiara nodded, smiling. "I'll just sit far away from him."

Ved, "...." 

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that but ok.

Atharv let out a light snort. "That is, provided you get invited to the award ceremony, in the first place. Do you think that with your acting you're even going to get nominated?"

Kiara jumped, a menacing look in her eyes. "The same can be said for you! How many times did you have to re-take the scene yesterday?"

"It's still lesser than the number of times we've had to retake the scene today!"

"You little-"

"Are you going to wrap up this shooting or not?" Ved interrupted, his tone cold and firm. The two lead actors froze. 

"Yes, sir."

The shooting was finally done. Kiara quickly booked a ticket for the morning flight back to Pulan. She was not going to stay even a minute longer with Atharv.