Chapter 1

**Hiya Followers! Let me know what you think of this so far, cause it's my first book and I want to have some input. Oh and check out the account @volleyballsuperstar2! My BFFL and I made it together. We are working on the best book EVER! Thaks, enjoy!**

Chapter ~ 1

I line up at the starting line. My heart is beating faster than usual, which I know should be happening, right? As I look straight ahead, I see flat out red of the track in front of me. Then, the starter with the gun says,"Runners set, GO!" I am off. I carefully move my way up the line of runners. I am in second place. At the moment, I am running the mile, my FAVORITE event. I gently move into first place. It stays like that until the Wicked Witch (Elizabeth Benson, a Popular, or POP) *attempts* to pass me. I just simply speed up and keep the lead, just carefully enough though so it doesn't look like I am acting like a... well... her. We pass the finish line of the third lap and head to the fourth. This is it the time I've been waiting for. I make my move speeding up at the 1400 (halfway through the 4th lap in the mile) I bring in the lead and am almost at the finish line and I - "KELSEY, you're going to be late for school!'

So, that's not exactly what was going on well ok, ok it was a dream. I am in the 8th grade, age 14. My name is Kelsey Andrews and today is the first day of track. My mile time is 5:30, which is pretty good I guess. I have never done track, but people have always considered me a Trackstar. My friends, and mainly my dad, convinced me to give it a shot. Although, I am not a quitter, so "giving it a shot" means doing track this season. I feel all guilty if I abandon my team like that, so yeah. Oh, my best friend, and pretty much my only friend, is Alex, short for Alexandra. She and I are like two peas in a pod, birds of a feather. She and I just understand each other. Except, she is super shy, and I am super outgoing. I mean I wouldn't exactly go up to Aaron, my future husband, and be like "Hey!" but I am waaaaaaaaaay more outgoing than Alex...

"Kelsey Sarah Andrews! Get down here this instant, or I am not driving you! You can find your own way to school!"

"Coming Dad!" I have to shout. He doesn't have much patience with me when it comes to leaving for school...

I have to hurry down the stairs, cause I knew my dad wasn't kidding about having to find my own way. I quickly threw on some jeans, black Uggs, and A blue long shirt. I combed back my hair and added a blue bow. Blue is my favorite color, if you haven't already guessed. I have long light blonde hair, and bright blue eyes. I love my eyes. I have a light tan and look great in light blue and hot pink. ;) I dashed down the stairs and grabbed my lunch on the counter. My dad was already in the car! I knew that once he saw me through the window, I had to hurry! I ran into the bathroom to grab my mascara to quickly do it in the car, and grabbed my backpack. I hurried out the door and jumped in. What I didn't know was that this hopping in the car was the start of a day of... well... heck.