Chapter 1

25 years later

"Where's mom?" The young Prince Matthew asked while laying down on a couch.

"I don't know" His sister Anne answered while distracted on her phone on the opposing couch. 

"Suzane?" The prince yelled and a woman entered,

"Your royal highness." The woman said and curtsied deeply.

"Where is my mother?" He asked.

"Her Majesty the Queen, is in a meeting with the minister of defense, national security advisor and the admiral of the 31st royal fleet."

"Can I see her now?" 

"Your royal highness, the Queen is deciding a vital decision in the future of her empire, as queen of state and church it is her responsibility to organize the military." Suzanne politely corrected the prince. Matthew's phone vibrated in his pocket and his friend Princess Ingrid.

I'm in town, lunch?

Of course

"Okay, thank you Suzanne, goodbye." The young prince said and walked out to an older man bowing to him. "Walter, walk with me." The prince was quickly walking through Buckingham Palace

"Your royal highness, what do you need?" The man asked as he quickly followed Prince Matthew

"I need you to contact the Queen's private secretary. I am going out to see a friend."

"May I ask who?" He asked while pulling out a notepad.

"No, you may not, and I am not going to need a car service or the guard people."

"Sir, it's not a car service. It is a protection, a bulletproof and bomb proof transportation vehicle given to us by the MI6, or also known as 'guard people'. They protect the royals because you rule the Great British Empire. It's like how the American secret service protects their president,"

"Thank you for the lesson." The prince said as he started to slow his pace.

"Sir, please wait here and I will get your 'guard people' to protect you". When Walter walked away the prince saw his chance and ran off and changed into a sweatshirt and sweatpants to look normal, with that the prince left through the service entrance with his hood on and the guards didn't even notice him. When he got out of the palace grounds Matthew took his hood off and waved a taxi to pick him up.

                                                                                         * * * *

Matthew arrived at the restaurant and sat down at a reserved table in the back with flowers and candles all around him. When he looked around there was no one around but the waiters and cooks, he found this normal for a Sunday but for it to be completely empty was unusual. The prince heard footsteps on the oak floors coming in his direction. He got up and prepared to see Princess Ingrid but what he saw made him flinch, walking into the private room was the Queen herself in a stunning forest green dress with the diamond diadem in her hair.

"Hello mother." Matthew went over to her, kissed her on the cheek and bowed his head.

"Hello my son."