Alike in many ways 💕 (SHINOGIYUU)

(I just started 3 times today and my stomach hurts af 😭 Anygays happy late new year everyone ☺️ This is a shinogiyuu story/ my first story. I'm planning to make a sanegiyuu story next. This is fluff and slightly angst. I apologize if my grammar or vocabulary may be incorrect. English isn't my first language, Filipino/Tagalog is actually ,v,)

 English isn't my first language, Filipino/Tagalog is actually ,v,)

(Picture from Pinterest)

Shinobu's POV:

    ~"Today is a peaceful day. But this night is even better. The fresh breeze coming from the atmosph-
ere, it feels good when it dances with my hair. Not to mention, the melodic music that the animals are singing in the background couldn't compare to any lullaby that I've ever heard.

I'm truly glad that I got to gaze around and explore outside of the butterfly mansion. No demons trying to cause nefarious ruckus and no mission."~ I thought to myself.

It was true, it is very peaceful compared to the other experiences that I went through, but nevertheless, I was grateful that I'm still alive. But... Is it worth it to live though? The fake smile and the cheerful facade that I have to put up to decieve those around me?... Well... I'm still not sure. Each and every single day that passes by...

I'm slowly losing more and more motivation, but the only thing that keeps me going is my dedication in avenging my beloved sister, Kanae, Who fought bravely to win against uppermoon two... I miss her.

3rd person POV:

     Shinobu just kept contemplating about what her purpose of being a demon slayer truly meant. Is it still necessary to keep moving while many of her comrades were dying? She lost many of her friends and family. One question kept lurking in her mind: Is it still worth it?

Just then, she sensed a great aura. It wasn't filled with bloodlust and malice like those of an average demon. It was... just pure... Her being a hashira, cautiously walked towards the source of the aura.

It was leading her to a beautiful and translucent lake. One thing that caught her attention though, is a familiar figure. Someone, who's physique represented those of a trained warrior, someone with a raven black spiky hair tied into a low ponytail, someone who has a mismatched haori: one with a geometric yellow, orange and green pattern, someone who... Had an unsettling yet quiet and composed presence emanating around him.

Shinobu realized who this was. Her loner "friend" Tomioka Giyuu. She brushed the cacophony of unpleasant thoughts out of her head and used her signature teasing smile before proceeding to approach him in a fast mannerism.

Giyuu's POV:

     As I was peacefully staring at the pristine water reflecting the bright light of the full moon from the elegant night sky, a voice I knew suddenly called out to me.

"Tomioka-San!! Good evening!!". That voice, that calming voice which I never expected to hear during midnight, suddenly rang in my ear while I turned around with a neutral expression as always.

There she is, that lady, preferably a short butterfly wannabe who's annoying attitude represents that of a mosquito, running towards me at a very swift pace. She slowly sat down next to me in a graceful procedure before chuckling and poking my shoulder.

"Hey hey, Tomioka-San! What are you doing here? Do you like exploring? Hey hey! What are you thinking?" Shinobu laughed as she talked to me, asking me numerous questions very fast to the point that I could only answer a few

"Good evening, Kocho. I like exploring... I guess... And I'm thinking about my friend and my sister..." Those were the only words that I said before I stared back at the sky.

She just tilted her head a little bit to the side out of confusion and her face lit up when she heard me share something about my life. "Tomioka-San, you had friends?! And a sister?! Where are they?"

Shinobu asked impatiently, still keeping her smug smile visible on her... Beautiful?... I guess, gorgeous face. No, what am I even saying?... I just fell quiet when she asked where they are. My eyes are showing a glimmer of sadness at this fact.

Shinobu blinked multiple times before realizing what she said. She apologized to me and... Pulled me into a tight hug... This hug... It wasn't like her teases or bullying... It was more like... She was comforting me..?

"Kocho..." I muttered quietly before slowly spreading out my arms to hug her back. I was feeling a little tingly in my stomach as tears slowly formed in my eyes. She gently stroked my hair and whispered something.

"Tomioka-San... It's alright... Let it all out. I know the feeling of losing those who are close to you, I have experienced it before and it does hurt. No torture or poison could even compare to the emotional damage that you'll encounter. 

I am honestly glad that I'm not the only one. Tomioka, you're a strong person but deep down inside, you're guilty, you're the only one that survived and the fact that it was only granted to you makes you feel like you shouldn't even deserve it. I, myself have experienced that. Stay strong, for me, okay?"

"...Thank you..  Kocho... I'm so sorry for your loss though... And I will stay strong if that's what you wish. But you'll also hold on for my sake if you have to"

"Haha... Tomioka-San... You're such a baby"

Shinobu then responded to Giyuu with her proud grin turning into a touched and soft smile as the two of them parted and stared at the moonlight.

(I hope y'all enjoyed the story 🥳🎉 words: 953)