One

Heather's POV

If you were in a room with everyone in Canada and pointed to me, asking who I was, you probably wouldn't even get the same name from two different people, let alone the same thing I do for a living. In someone's life, I could be Ashley, the flight attendant. Or I could be the waitress, Mia, at your favourite restaurant. Or maybe I would've fixed your dad's car last week in the dealership around the corner. You could never know who I truly was.

Which is why I loved to be born into being an agent. No nosy people can get into your real life. In fact, nobody would know the true you, which is good, because you'll never let the wrong person into your life.

I watched my feet dangle from the edge of the roof and leaned my head back. I looked down and saw all the people walking and laughing with their loved ones. I always wondered what it would be like to you know, do all that. Being able to love somebody, other than my family of course. And my family didn't really do, "family things" since they ran the top agency in Canada, so that was thrown out the window.

"Heather. I think the thieves are on their way," The voice of Cody was coming from my earpiece and I stood up, walking over to the other side of the roof. "You think?" I rolled my eyes. Cody is my backups for my missions, plus my best friend on certain standards... meaning inside of work. Nobody really knows me personally, as I said before.

"Ok, what corner are they turning?" I looked over the edge and tightened every weapon in my pocket. I looked to the side and bent down, seeing the bank that I was about to stop these lowlifes from robbing. "From the right... their pulling now right about... now." Cody informed me.

I looked down and saw a black van serve and stop, seeing multiple thieves jump out the car and scurry to the back.

Pathetic, if I'm being honest. I was expecting to not see them, and instead they find a way outside of my sight. Plus, every time they do this, they always get caught.

"Alright." I responded and stretched, taking my grappling hook from the side bag attached to my body suit. I shot it to the rooftop of the bank and swung to the other building.

My boots clung to the wall of the bank and I climbed up to the top. I got onto the roof and got into the open doors that I knew the code to like the back of my hand. "7349." I put it in and the door unlocked. I walked in and looked over the balcony inside, seeing the thieves get past the laser beams.

They finally got these? And people are still robbing? Ugh.

I look around for a way to get down and realise theres none. "Heather, hurry. They're getting close to the vault!" Cody warned me. I scoffed and tied up my hair, I didn't need to hurry, if they open that vault I'm going to catch them anyway, and plus, probably a longer sentence in prison. I saw them trying to get in and carefully jumped to the second floor by first climbing on the balcony railing. Then it hit me.

"Wait, Cody, since when can you see inside the building?" I asked in disbelief. Our last hacker unfortunately passed away a month ago, due to unknown reasons and we couldn't find someone as good as him, or someone that even wanted to hack and do the behind the scenes job.

"Well, your parents found out Sierra hacks like, an hour ago, and put her on this mission to see her skills." Cody told me, having some fear in his voice, and I can't blame him, Sierra is full on obsessed with him. I could have sworn I heard Sierra squeal in excitement. I groaned. She wasn't a bad person, but if she does good on the mission my parents might put her on my team, and when you're with her, she can get overwhelming. I think it's also because I like working solo, when my parents gave me Cody as backup I wasn't really happy. But he's actually pretty useful, don't tell him I said that though, he'll talk about it non-stop.