TWO

THE ONE WITH THE TOUR AND THE EVIL ORTHODONTIST[Season 1, Episode 20]

[Season 1, Episode 20]

Cassie woke up reasonably early the following morning. There was a bubble of excitement that had begun to brew in the pit of her stomach when she remembered her plans for the day. She knew it may have seemed odd to be excited over something as simple as a tour of New York but the prospect of it being done with two very hot guys, she couldn't help but giddy once more.

As she was drinking her morning coffee, she decided to check her answering machine on her telephone, to see if she has any messages that she hadn't listened to yet. Albeit, she doubts because who is gonna ring her? it certainly would not be her parents, she hoped.
Nevertheless, she turns it on and hears the machine beep twice, indicating that she has one or more messages unopened. Cassie was baffled, she simply couldn't place who would be ringing her on her first full day in New York.

As she clicked on the message, the voice of her mother began to fill the empty room, Cassie was still yet to unpack most of her items, and began to pace, anticipating her mother's undoubtedly cruel words. To put it bluntly, Cassie was shocked when she heard what her mother had to say. The words were nowhere near as cruel as she thought they would be.

Her mother had simply stated that she wished Cassie the best of luck in a new country and a new chapter in her life, and that she is always at the end of the phone. There was no malice in her mother's words and no snarky comments made, she actually seemed genuine when she spoke. Cassie hadn't realised how much their 18 year old daughter moving across the world must have affected them. Maybe Cassie could have an actual relationship with them.

After reeling back from the shock of her mother's sincerity, she played her second message. Chandler's melodic voice then filled her apartment, "Morning Cassie, I hope you had a good sleep. Me and Joey will come and pick you up at 11 am and we can start our tour of New York! -um- yeah i think- that- yeah that's everything. Um- yeah- I'll uh see you later then. Bye".
Cassie had to laugh at the nervous stutter that Chandler could have, even in a voicemail. She listened to the message once more and had to check the time.

Cassie nearly spat out her coffee when she realised that it was a quarter past ten already. She had 45 minutes to get herself ready before the boys turned up at her door. She began to panic as she downed her coffee and ran to her bedroom to start getting ready, more than thankful that she had already showered that morning. She had absolutely no idea on what to wear. What the hell does one wear when touring New York with two hot strangers ? and she really didn't know what the weather was like in New York.

She opened her window and stuck her hand out to try and gauge what the weather was like outside. It wasn't cold but it wasn't warm either, it was unfortunately that awkward temperature in between. She tried to plan her outfit accordingly, and went with a simple yet cute outfit. She chose some tight black flared trousers, a cream knitted cable sweater that dropped ever so slightly off her shoulders and some ankle Ugg boots, she just hoped it wouldn't rain today. She threw on a black leather bomber jacket and a scarf and waited for the boys.