Chapter no 1

Meerab sat on the chair with a thud. Her anxiety grew with each second that ticked by.

She couldn't help but remember the conversation they had today.

Mujhe tum ache toh nahin lag sakte na? Aur tumse mohabbat toh nahin ho sakti na?

Mohabbat bhi ho sakti hai.

The whole conversation played in her mind on loop making her heart feel heavier with each passing second.

Meerab,s heart sunk. A lump raising in her throat as heat flooded through her. She sat in front of an unconscious Murtasim.

She held onto Murtasim,s free hand, tears burning her eyes as she gazed at his unconscious frame.

Murtasim utho na. Ankhein kholo na please Murtasim.

These words trembled out of Meerab,s mouth and she bit then inside of her cheek to hold back her sobs.

As she waited for him to wake up, the yearning she felt was all consuming, a raging passion, desire to protect him, care for him, to never let him go, to protect him from everything, a yearning to hold him close to herself, a yearning to love him with everything she has flooded through her heart. She felt as If she'll die if he didn't wake up and recognize her. The intensity of her emotions was too much for her to bear. She felt as if her heart will burst out due to all the emotions she was feeling. His smiling face flashed across her mind and his laughter started ringing in her ears making her heart beat loudly against her chest.

The realization hit her like a lightening bolt sending shivers down her spine making her heart feel like it'll burst out any second.

She loved Murtasim!!!!

She loved her husband!!!!

Meerab gulped the heavy lump that formed in her throat. The tears that burned her eyes rolled down her cheeks. Her hands flew up to her mouth as her eyes widened in a mixture of shock and suprise. Her heart beating loudly against her chest overwhelmed with the realization.

She held onto his hand and let out a trembling breath as she whispered the words he wanted to hear.

I love you Murtasim khan. I love you so much.

Meerab beta.

Waqas came inside and held Meerab,s shoulder. Meerab stood up looking at Waqas with teary eyes before hugging him tightly.

Baba Murtasim ko bolein na. Bolein na ke woh uthe.

Meerab cried like a child hugging Waqas. Waqas,s heart broke seeing his strong daughter who never showed her vulnerable side crying bitterly like a child hugging him tightly.

Bas Mera bacha. Tum meri bachi, meri Meerab ho. Sach ka sath dene wali, himmat wali, hosle wali

Waqas said rubbing her back gently trying to calm her but Meerab cried more.

Meerab pulled away.  Her eyes, nose and cheeks red because of crying.

Tum meri Meerab ho. Sach ka sath dene wali, himmat wali, hosle wali Meerab.

These were the exact words Murtasim had said to her once. She gulped and tried to say something but nothing came out except a trembling sob.

Nahin hoon. Nahin hoon main.

Meerab chocked out. Tears rolling down her cheeks like a waterfall as she looked at waqas. A few tears escaped Waqas,s eyes seeing Meerab breaking down. Waqas gently cradled her face in his palms gently wiping her tears.

Another sob tore through her. Her breath came out trembling as she confessed her deepest of vulnerabilities and fears.

Mere andar bilkul himat nahin hai Abu. Bilkul himat nahin hai. Main bahot kamzor hoon Abu main bilkul himat wali hosle wali Meerab nahin hoon bahot kamzor hoon main. Bahot kamzor.

Meerab cried, her head throbbing as her strength started to drain.

Tabhi toh main apni feelings ko acknowledge nahin ker payi. Mujhe sachai pata hone ke baad bhi accept nahin ker saki.

Meerab continued, her voice trembling with emotion.

Main accept nahin ker saki that I LOVE HIM!!!

Meerab looked at Waqas, her words, an honest confession which broke his heart into pieces.

Aaj tak mujhe yeh galat fehmi thi ke apni feelings ko ignore ker ke main apne dil ko protect ker rahi hoon.

Meerab laughed bitterly as the realization washed over her once again like ice water making her shiver.

I wasn't protecting my heart, instead I was giving into my inner demons. I couldn't fight my inner demons baba.

Meerab,s voice trembled with emotion. Her eyes started to flutter close as the things took a toll on her. The last thing she remembered was Waqas patting her cheeks.

RainbowRoses21. ❤️

Here's the chapter. Love you all take care stay home and stay safe ❣️