The Setting

The sour smell of human meat filled the air, flowing through the noses of whoever is in the city. Screams and screeches swiftly stung any wanderer's ears, as malicious ghosts placed bets on body parts. Butchers worked hard, the lines reaching hours long, and human parts could be seen in each "cauldron". Ghosts leading others into houses for who knows what, while scantily dressed women walk the streets rubbing themselves on any man nearby. Xie lian couldn't love it more. The chaos and beauty of the infamous Ghost City is a warm and welcoming sight compared to the stuck-ups in heaven. Plus, Ghost City held one more gift for him. The dear Crimson Rain Sought Flower.

Inhabitants of Ghost City quickly parted for their king's husband, oohs and ahs could be heard. The praises from the ghosts made Xie Lian a bit embarrassed. He didn't deserve such praise! He's just a scrap collector who happened to marry a ghost king! He was used to this, however. Usually the ghosts acted like this whenever he visited. At least it's better than the glares I get in heaven... the god thought, a tired smile on his face.

After tripping on one of the many steps, Xie Lian finally made it to his husband's throne room (A/N I don't know what it's called ;^^). As the god carefully moved the crimson curtain, his eyes were quickly surprised with the absence of the king. Xie lian quickly walked towards San lang's bedroom, finding nothing but an unmade bed. He put a mental note to berate San lang for that later before moving on. Why is this place so big! Xie lian thought, his shoes clicking on the hard floor.

Xie Lian quickly stopped for a breath, only to see another fork in the road. "My goodness!" He mumbled, dusting off his clothing, "Where are you San lang?!" He yelled, bringing up two fingers to his temple. He quickly said the password before contacting Hua Cheng. "San lang! If you don't tell me where you are, I will free He xuan from debt!" Xie lian's outburst was quickly calmed by small touch on his shoulder.

"San lang's so-" The ghost king was met with the god's kick.

"AH! SAN LANG!" Xie lian squeaked, running over to the downed San lang. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! Reflexes, you know?" He held San lang's hand, putting his own over the kicked area.

"It's alright, gege! I'm okay! It's just you broke my dice." San lang grumbled before taking the dice out.

Xie lian rolled his eyes. "You have a whole bunch of dice, you're fine." He sassed, standing up.

"You're wounding me gege!" Hua Cheng smiled, standing along side the god. "I think I need a remedy to stitch up my bleeding heart." The ghost dramatically fell in his lovers arms, his eye closed, face in a pouting state.

Xie lian couldn't help but smile. He hasn't seen his love for a little bit due to a vacation with Mu qing and Feng xin. However, his husband's butterflies could be seen at almost every corner of the vacation. Of course he finds the butterflies cute, and of course he loves his husband, just sometimes Xie lian would like to have the time alone. Now is not one of those times though. He just wants to spend the night with San lang alone.

"San lang? Can we stay in tonight?" Xie lian asked, holding his husband's hands.

A smile grew on Hua Cheng's face as he squeezed his gege's hands. "Of course, gege! It would make me glad to make you happy." Hua Cheng giggled. He was so glad to see Xie lian again, his happiness took over. He picked Xie lian up in a bear hug, swinging the scrap collector around.

"San lang!" Xie lian laughed, hugging the ghost's neck. Before he could say anything else, the couple's lips collided. The brunette looked at Hua Cheng with love and content. If this is what the rest of his life is going to be like, he wouldn't trade it for the world.

And that's when disaster struck.

Hua cheng put Xie lian down hurriedly. Xie lian groaned a bit. he enjoyed the kiss. He looked up towards his lover, only to be met with an anxious face. Hua cheng looked around before fumbling a bit. Xie lian caught his husband before screaming. "San lang? What's going on?!" The ghost, now in a dazed state, steadied himself with the help of Xie lian.

"I don't-" He winced "I don't know."

"You better not disappear on me again!" Xie lian scolded, his face full of desperation. He couldn't be alone again. "You promised." Hua cheng gave Xie lian a smile before his face turned alarmed. He quickly kissed Xie lian, sending one of his butterflies up his gege's sleeve before both of them teleported.