Chapter one

CHAPTER ONE: the mortal cup

❚█══𝙷𝚘𝚠𝚕 ══█❚

ISAAC KENNER-GARROWAY HADN'T WANTED TO GO TO THE PANDEMONIUM. Truthfully, despite, it being a common place for the people he hangs out with, he hated the place. He crossed his arms, leaning against the newly spray-painted van.

"Hey, can you watch where you're going?" Clary's voice made Isaac turn, prepared in case it was some asshole. Only, for his to freeze momentarily, shocked.

"You can see me?" The blond-haired Shadowhunter asked.
❚█══𝙷𝚘𝚠𝚕 ══█❚

Isaac ran a hand down his face, turning to his his best friend; Simon Lewis. "Dude, seriously, the only other way you could make it more obvious, is if you got it tattooed on your forehead."

"Okay, why are you invited?" Simon questioned.

"Because she's my best friend too," Isaac spoke.

"I mean, why are you here? At the table with me? Can't you wait until Clary comes over then come over?"

"Oh, come on, you love me," Isaac smirked. "Not as much as you love-"

"You know what? Give me that back," Simon, jokingly reached out for the dessert he had brought the other.

When, both of them stopped as Clary approached their table, a frown placed on her lips.

"Give me the professors' names and I... I will end them. You know, with... with a scathing e-mail to the dean." Simon tells her.

"I'll literally end them," Isaac says.

Clary throws the paper onto the table. "Don't bother."

Simon sighed, disappointed for his friend before he picked up the letter, reading it. "What? Sad face? Really?"

Clary broke out into a smile. Then she laughed.

"Well played. Well played," Simon tells her.

"You are extremely manipulative," Isaac says, not seriously.

"Thank you. You know, it's weird.
They kind of liked my assigned work, but they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel."

"You're welcome," Simon chuckled.

"This day will go down in history as the greatest 18th birthday I ever had."