Part Ten

*This is the last until Bailey's story is finished. We're on the last arc so hang in there with my slow updates. <3

When they got back, Parker kicked open the door and laid Caitlin down on the bed. "This is great! When you stop bleeding, we can mate and have cubs!" His tail was doing a wild dance behind him and his toothy grin showed off his perfectly white fangs.

"That's not how this works Parker." Caitlin said calmly as she dug around in her backpack for her feminine hygiene bag. "First. I won't be mating with anyone until I know more about this place and how I got here. Second. I'm not going to mate with you just because I'm bleeding down there. This isn't some rare occurrence for me. I don't know how it works for other females, but it happens every 21 days for me." Finally closing her hands around the pink floral bag, she opened the zipper and pulled out a pad. She was going to tell Parker to get out so she could put the pad on but he was staring at her with fear plain on his face and tensing every muscle. "What's wrong?"

It took him a couple tries before he found his voice, "Y-you bleed every month? Are you sick? Is it bad?" What if his female died from blood loss?!

"What? No. I'm not sick." It wasn't as though she couldn't understand his fear. As far as she knew estrus only caused very minor bleeding. So, bleeding as much and as often as she did would make anyone not familiar with menses concerned. The thought of having to reassure him and walk him through a menstrual cycle had not been on her to-do list today. "Ugh. I can explain it but I don't know if you'd get it. Anyway, just know that It's completely normal for the women in my, uh, clan."

Parker connected some dots in his head, "Then does that mean you can get pregnant twelve times a year?"

"Technically, it's possible for me to become pregnant at any time if I've copulated with someone." She was getting restless and needed the conversation to end so she could take care of business, "Now please get out. I need to put this in before I make a mess."

Parker looked like he'd seen a ghost. All color gradually drained from his face and he urgently grabbed Caitlin by the shoulders. "You can't tell anyone. No one else can know. They'll turn you into a breeder! It all makes sense now. No wonder I've never known a clan like yours. They must seclude themselves to protect their females."

Caitlin's face also blanched. She didn't need for him to expound on the comment of breeders to comprehend and she immediately regretted having told him anything. Then a cramp reminded her of more present issues. She doubled over and she gasped in pain, "Out. We can talk about it later. Can you please get the basket Harvey gave me? I left it back there with the wo- females."

He shot to his feet. "Don't go anywhere. Stay right here. I'll be right back." He ordered before rushing out.

Finally alone, Caitlin peeled off her underwear to check the damage. It wasn't too bad yet. Just a little blood had stained the garment. Without any other alternative, she hastily put the pad in place, careful of her hand wrapping. Then she laid back and acknowledged the emotions that had been building within her. Hormone assisted frustration made her bite her lip and take shaky breaths. Transmigration, injury and now biological issues all within a twenty-four-hour period. It was overwhelming. If she was going to be transmigrated, why did it have to be a world without wands that could magically clean and heal? Why did it have to be a stone age where the only magic appeared to be shapeshifting? She couldn't even freely enjoy the polyandric system with all sexy god-like men around because she wasn't sure when, or if, whatever had brought her here would arbitrarily decide to whisk her back home.

She groaned as another cramp twisted her insides. Everything ached. She had thought the pain in her lower back had been from the bruising but her period had amplified it. She couldn't even curl up because of her leg. She did her best to pile furs to support her legs and back so she was in a slightly raised position. She didn't want the blood to travel outside of the protected area.