⭐️ || PROLOGUE || ⭐️

451 words

Pie just sliently sat at the bench, not far from what is now abandoned, Gelatin's Steakhouse. She stared down upon a volunteer advertisement that was currently sitting in her hands. The poster was simply asking for volunteers as they needed test dummies for a place called 'Occult Laboratories'. Pie personally thought the name was a little too on the nose, but who else would care about a stupid company name anyway? A familiar aura swept onto Pie. It was Black Hole. He's as loyal as a dog, always sticking to the pact. Pie guessed he was here to remind her to prevent death again.

"Hey, Pie," Black Hole would moderately yell, "Do you wanna... Uhm, what's that?"
"Advertisement."
"Oh, you're starting a business?"
"No? It's just an advertisement."
"Are you... uh... planning to volunteer?"
"No, but I heard Leafy and Pin are."
"Okay.. anyways, do you wanna come prevent death with me, Liy and Tree?"

Pie would think for a moment. Then standing up to follow Black Hole, whilst throwing the poster back into the air. It swirled through the wind, eventually landing onto the pale, green grass.

The pure silence between the group began to get a little boring. Tree decided to finally break the silence and speak up.

"So uh... do you all have any theories about what's there outside T̷̡̺͚̰͔̦͔͓͕̠͐́H̷̟̗̰͍̫̼͇̔͐Ĕ̵̗̲͍̻̥̯̲̞̪̣̠͊͌͐͛̀̎̓͌̏͌̚͠͝ͅ ̶̢̛̠̫̼͎̳̣̠̼̘̤̮̭͂̓͜B̴̡̛̖͉̪̙̥̯͎̦̿̓̿̊̌͛͑̾͌̓͘͠Ó̶̢̨͖̮͈͚̙͉̖̆R̵̢̼̪̼̯̭̤̗̘̉̆̆D̸̻̼̑Ẽ̷͓̟̗̊̃̓͑̂̎̊R̶̢̘̱̦̃͛͐͑̑̍̒͆̊̇̆̊̚͘͜?"
"Probably something that would kill us," Liy muttered, "So, I wouldn't risk it... or talk about it."
"Liy's right," Black Hole spoke, "If people in power aren't gonna let us see what's out there then... it's probably dangerous."
"I agree." Pie stated.
"I mean," Tree commented, "You can never know until you find out."
"I still don't think it's a good idea," Black Hole replied, "I'd rather just... play it safe right now and throw the idea away."
"You're probably right."

Leafy and Pin were walked through foliage, following a specific pathway. Leafy spotted Pin sweating ooze. It was instinct of her to immediately comfort them. After all, Leafy was the nicest person in the world (according to her list).

"Hey Pin, don't fret! I'm sure you'll do great!"
"Oh, I don't know. What if I say something wrong?!" Pin shrieked.
"Don't worry. I believe in you! You're the bravest and most confident person I've ever met!"
"Really?"
"Really." Leafy confirmed.
"Oh okay... If you say so..."

It was quite obvious she was feeling a little more movitated. Leafy smiled at her. Pin smiled back. Although the interview was going to be a tough ride for her, she was glad she still had some support by her side. As they started to get close to the building, Pin felt a little nauseous... from what though...?