CHAPTER TWO.

a drink. by all means, you needed a drink.

your mind flitted between the open bar at your reception. your wife. your friends and family partying away, indulging in the excess you provided with your hard-earned money. this was supposed to be the ceremony where you'd let loose. throw your bouquet and have way too many cocktails. drive away to your honeymoon with streamers decorating the trunk of your car.

then, back to sooyoung in front of you and her flushed cheeks.

this room had become suffocating.

you brought your hand to your temple to rub at it. the motion did little to soothe your anxiety or annoyance. with haste, you walked over to sooyoung and grabbed ahold of her wrist. the action startled the woman, who fell forward at the force and wobbled slightly to catch her balance. your intended path was clear: you were going to walk out of the door.

now filled with fear that she'd be embarrassed any further by getting kicked out on her ass, sooyoung spoke up once more. "hey, i know this is wildly inappropriate, but-" she exclaimed.

"oh my god, shut up!" you interrupted her. you snapped to look her in the face, one arm on the door and the other still attached to her. once she caught the look in your eye, sooyoung faltered. she was quickly realizing that her usually headstrong nature was not doing her any favors in this scenario. the way you looked at her was nothing like how you used to gaze her way.

she hadn't noticed the affection in your eyes before that night. always chalked it up to her model effect before. she had that impact on people. the admiration that her round eyes, full lips and sculpted nose incurred in people was not unusual to see. it's how she got paid, for god's sake. when she'd seen you studying her features, it inflated her ego a bit, but did nothing to send off warning signs. sooyoung decided long after it was too late that your eyes held a lot more.

may 201x, before the kiss incident

"you're so full of it," hyeju groaned from her seat on the picnic blanket.

sooyoung shot her a glare from where she was standing by the tulips. the brunette had chosen the location for their group get-together specifically because of the scenery. not to admire it, of course, but so that she could be admired while next to when she posted these pics on her instagram.

her latest shoot had blown up, sending an influx of followers flocking to her page. now, it seemed like her only intention was to 'give the people what they want,' as she put it.

"yeah, i'm starting to think hooking you up with all those photographers was a bad idea," heejin laughed out. as a business student from seoul university, heejin took sooyoung's model aspirations as a challenge and had been playing amateur-manager. so far, she'd done three spreads for a couple boutiques in the area.

jiwoo only smiled, shaking her head. the bright girl was knelt down next to sooyoung, carefully cutting tulip stems to put in her small basket. next to the flowers already collected laid a roll of ribbon that jiwoo would use to craft a makeshift bouquet. the two together were a sight.

"oh, let her be! you know how exciting this is for her," jiwoo defended her then-girlfriend.

you were on your stomach next to hyeju, kicking your feet in the air while watching the two. your sunglasses had slid down the bridge of your nose to slightly reveal your hooded eyes. your sights were locked onto sooyoung and her chic poses. your gaze trailed down her exposed shoulders all the way down to where the flannel she shrugged off covered her elbows.

anyone in their right mind would've looked at you and seen lust grazing your features. ever cocky, when sooyoung caught your stare, she pointed at you determinedly.