camp ithaca

i will be adding to this as we go, think of this like a reference sheet

||CAMP DIRECTOR||
Dionysus

||ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR||Chiron

Chiron

||LOCATION||Long Island, New York

||LOCATION||
Long Island, New York

||PURPOSE||
To train hosts/half-bloods and protect them

||ALIAS||
Known as the only safe place for Greek hosts/half-bloods, Camp Ithaca is hidden under the mist, and to others looks like a pumpkin patch. The long beach connecting the camps land to the island is invisible to those who cannot see through the mist.

||MAIN CONTENTS||
- cabins for the olympians
- dining pavilion
- archery field
- sword fighting arena
- amphitheater
- climbing wall with lava
- stables
- armory
- The Big House
- forests lining the camp
- camp store
- Grove of Dodona
- Cave of the Oracle

||HISTORY||
The first six students were brought to Chiron to train by Apollo back in Ancient Greece. Their names were Aeneas, who fought for Troy in the Trojan War, the first Jason, who captained the Argo, Achilles, who was dipped in the Styx, Atalanta, who was a renowned Huntress, Asclepius, Apollo's son, who went on to become the immortal god of medicine, and the first Perseus, who would kill Medusa.

||THE BIG HOUSE||
The administrative building of camp. Also houses the infirmary, storage, and the apartments of Chiron and Dionysus.

||COMPETITIONS||
The camp holds several competitions, the main one being Capture the Flag, which ends up being between two teams, one lead by the Ares cabin, the other lead by the Athena cabin. It's a nice tradition, but also warfare training.

||QUESTS||
This is a more formal term, but essentially if a god needs something done or the camp needs something done, some of the kids will go on a quest. There is a formal procedure for it, with a choosing ceremony and everything, but in the end, they are given all needed supplies and sent on their way. The more dangerous a quest is, the more people will be sent.

||GROVE OF DODONA||
A grove of sacred oak trees that sometimes speaks and have even issued prophecies.

||CAVE OF THE ORACLE||
A large cave, done up for the oracle to have a place to essentially think, but it's well furnished and decked out.

||CAMP BORDERS||
The Camp is protected by a tree near the outer edge. The tree was a child of Zeus, who when he nearly died, was turned into a tree and his magic now protects the camp. Only hosts, gods, satyrs, and some mortals can enter. As well as some monsters that have permission from campers.

||ADDITIONAL TRADITIONS||
- Winners of Competitions are given laurel wreaths and parades around camp
- When a camper goes on a quest, the others in their cabin make a burial shroud for them in case they die
- If they survive, they burn the shroud
- The beads: at the end of each year, a bead is given to each camper, with symbols to represent that year. They also get them after quests, and wear them around a necklace.

||CAPTURE THE FLAG||
A game of capture the flag is played every friday night. Newcomers are thrown into the lake as initiation basically.
There is also a huge event in which the hunters of Artemis and currently winning cabin will have a big Capture the Flag competition. The hunters nearly always win.

||KLEOS||
The amount of kleos (glory) one has normally determines their social standing within the camp.

to be continued...