There Can't Be Another Violet, Charlie Brown!

Snoopy was sitting on his doghouse, waiting for Charlie Brown to give him his dog food. Much to his surprise, Charlie Brown wasn't the one giving him his food, but it was Sally.

"Huh?" Snoopy quizzed.

"My big brother is checking the mail. I suppose he's expecting a letter from that red-haired girl, even though she lives right across the street from us." Said Sally.

Charlie Brown was at the letterbox. He opened it and reached in to look for a letter.

"No letter from Heather. No, Charlie Brown. She lives right across from you. But I'll check anyway." Said Charlie Brown as he reached in further, and then, he pulled out a letter.

"I guess it's this month's gas bill."

Charlie Brown read the front.

"Oh. To: Charlie Brown. So it's for me!"

Charlie Brown opened the letter and tried to read it, but he couldn't make it out.

"Monn Chur Charles... blah blah blah..... something I can't understand..... Violet. Good grief! No. It can't be from Violet. She'd never send me a letter. I know! I'll go over to her place and show her. "

Charlie Brown was on his way to the Gray place, but he needn't have done that. He found Violet, Patty S. and Frieda doing jump rope. Frieda and Patty were holding the rope, and Violet was jumping in the middle.

"Er.... Excuse me!" called Charlie Brown.

"Oh good grief! Here comes dumb old Charlie Brown!" scoffed Charlie Brown.

While Violet did stop jumping, Frieda and Patty didn't stop swinging the rope, and they caused her to fall.

"You blockhead! Look what you did!" shouted Violet.

"It's important, Violet! Did you send me this letter?" asked Charlie Brown.

"Why would I send a letter to you?" scoffed Violet.

Charlie Brown took out the letter he'd received, and showed it to Violet.

"This letter has the word 'Violet' on it. Have a read." Charlie Brown said as he handed the letter to Violet to have her read it for herself. Violet was surprised.

"It says Violet, but it's not from me. Even if I did write it, it'd be in English." Violet explained.

"Oh. All I know is that it's not in English. If it's not from you, then..... there must be another Violet who knows me." Charlie Brown said with wonder.

"Oh, come on! There can't be another Violet, Charlie Brown!"" Violet scoffed.

After Violet had picked herself up, she showed it to Frieda and Patty.

"Here. Patty. Can you read this?" Violet said, handing the letter to her best friend.

Patty Swanson read on. She couldn't make it out either.

"Nope. Can't understand this letter." Patty Swanson said.

"Frieda?" asked Violet.

"No. It's harder to understand this writing than it is to live without having naturally curly hair." Said Frieda.

"It's my turn now. Violet. You hold my end." Said Patty Swanson.

"Let someone else take over, Patty." Said Violet. "I'm going to find out who wrote this letter, and why they'd send it to Charlie Brown."

"I'll go look for Heather. She loves jump rope." Said Charlie Brown.

"No. You do jump rope, Charlie Brown." Smirked Violet. "I'll go and look for who wrote this letter."