The Find

It came on the news wile we had breakfast. It was a regular Wednesday. I was eating Captain Crunch and drinking orange Juice. At first my brother Matt and I were talking about school wile Looney tunes played in the background.Then we heard the alert signal. It said that the sun was hit by a comet and killed part of the sun. It was going to explode.
We all took this as a shock. As I, studying astronomy, took this huge. " Well, that's the end of the world." I said . As my brother being 2 years older than me and going to college next year, he said " Well, goodbye Texas State." My Mom starts crying. So does my dad. Then we watched fly news saying that there will be rockets that are going to Mars, first come first serve. They said they were going to Mars because the explosion will be not as bad and it might unleash water because it will be warmer.It is also $50,000 per person.
So we called all of our family members to see if they have heard. They all said yes. Most of our family lives in Houston so, they already got their place. But there was 7 family members that said they hadn't reserved. Also they said that pets could come but there was only room for 2 per 6 people. But we didn't have any pets. Plus the ride to Mars would be 4 years.
We called the people who said that they hadn't reserved to say that we were going to reserve them a spot. So it is a 15 min drive to Houston and being that everyone is trying to reserve a spot it took about an hour.
On they way I called and texted all of my friends to see if they were going. I'm a nerdy type of person liking science,math,and history. But I also like Starbucks and Sports. So I hear most of my friends have no idea what they are doing.
We are in traffic and then we hear " The roads are now closed you can only make it to the NASA facility if you go by foot." So we get out of the car and start running. We all clasp hands to stay together as everyone is now running to get there too. It's about a 2 mile run and we knock if out in about 15 min. As we all love running.
Then we get in line( which is out the door)My dad is NOT good at waiting in lines so we make a head to the front as it is out the door. We get in line with friends of my parents the Wetlys. They have a daughter younger then me named Rose, and a son my age,16, Sean.
When we get up to the front the NASA secretaries say that there is only 9 seats available per family so before anyone else can, Sean volunteers to stay on Earth. He says" I love Astronomy. So if I were to die young then I would die by something I love."His parents start crying knowing they will never see him again after the upcoming Wednesday.
I was the only one listening, my parents were talking to my brother and not paying attention to me. Then it's our turn, And I did the same thing.
"Honey, why..." Mom said on our way back home. She was crying. I was tearing up too, but not as bad as my dad. " We can make someone else stay... Not my girl!" Dad said. Now my brother was crying knowing that I won't let go. They all knew in my hearts that I would be one of the last people in this planet.
We called everyone saying that I was staying that their niece,and daughter will not be on Mars. We called an emergency family reunion at my house. Where everyone stayed until they get the ship in orbit. It leaves 2 days before the explosion. It leaves on a Monday and they will not get to Mars till 2023. They are doing everything they can for the people staying but, nothing will work. I know it.
On Tuesday everyone in the town where we live will meet at the town hall. Till then they say to give ur last goodbyes. I called my friends and they said that they were going on the trip. My best friend Mackenzie, who has bright blond hair, and is almost 6' tall, it also going to Mars. I,who has dark brown hair and is 5'5", will meet up with the people in out grade. This is how they will organize the town hall on Tuesday.
I will get together with people in my grade. But, I really don't know if there will be people from my grade there. But I'm sure I can find nice people to spend the last days of the world with.