Chapter 4: The id, ego and superego

Billie's POV-

"fuck me, i got English first!" i told Maddy. "i didn't do the fucking assignment."

"who've you got now? Rivera?" she asked.

"yup, fucking annoying as fuck." i muttered.

"the guys think she's pretty hot, you know." she smirked.

"what?" i looked at her.

Maddy winked at me and i barged her.

"well i don't." i said sternly.

"fine." she rolled her eyes. "oh my god! know who is in the love boat though? Perry told me that Aisha and Ahmed are going on a fucking date!"

Maddy squealed.

"what? no way!" i gasped. "i knew there was something between them, i was just waiting for it to happen. you could say i was their little cupid."

"i know right!" she cheered.

"what else did your sister say?" i asked her.

"hmm, not much. Perry just said that she's kinda fed up of third wheeling when they play chess together, so she ends up leaving." she explained.

"does Mohammed know?" i asked, "i bet he'd be so pissed."

"i don't know actually, i think Mohammed just thinks for Mohammed." she shrugged, "anyway, this is me, bye!"

"bye Mads!" i said, walking on into class.

i avoided eye contact with Rivera and sat in my usual seat, in the corner, next to nobody.

"Nope, Ahmed, you're not sitting next to her today, move there." she pointed next to me.

"oh my god." i sighed, moving my bag off of the sit next to me.

Ahmed took a seat down next to me and sighed.

"you really wanted to sit next to Aisha, huh?" i raised my eyebrows.

he gave me the 'what the fuck' face and turned to face the front.

"i know all about your little date." i whispered.

he gave me a longer amount of attention this time before turning back.

"i have some advice for you. best bet, you wanna go to Perry, her best friend to get the best advice. secondly, don't talk to much about her body and focus on her personality, get to know her, ask questions." i explained.

"right class, if you all take out your homework assignments, i'll come around to check them." Rivera said.

"yo." i whispered. "psst, Ahmed?"

he looked at me blankly.

"did you do the assignment?" i asked.

"no." he shook his head.

"fuck me, what was it?" i turned around in class to see if everyone else did it.

"i don't know, some research thing." he said.

"aww man." i started stressing because i lowkey didn't want Rivera to talk to me today.

Aria passed around the class, writing down the students names who didn't do the assignment on a sticky note.

when she came around to me all i could do was look into her eyes plainly.

"where is it, Eilish?" she asked.

"didn't do it." i said.

she sighed at me, the look on her face was utter disappointment. for the rest of class she didn't look at me or pick on me at all, and thank god for that. it was just helping me move on in a way.