chapter 32 (new neighbors)

"Good afternoon, we're from the house across the street. I wanted to inquire if my son ended up here; he went missing after sneaking away from his mom to get juice for him. When I reviewed the CCTV records, he was crossing the street towards here."

"Oh, you're looking for Jethro?" Storm

"Yes." Jeff

"Come in, they're biking around, him and Prince. I'm Storm, by the way."

"Jeffrey, just Jeff would be fine. We are about to move here in a few days; my wife is arranging her flowers while Jethro is biking. He managed to escape when she wasn't looking." Jeff

"Come, we'll have coffee." Storm

I am invited by Storm, our neighbor to sit in the garden set, and shortly after, a man comes out of another house.

"Oh, man! It's you!" I exclaimed after seeing the man coming near.

"Ohhh... nice to see you here." Otho

"Jethro's playmate is Prince, our daughter," Otho added

"Ohww... happy to know that you're married now and we're neighbors," Jeff said

"Yes, I have twins now." Otho

"Wow... happy to hear that. We're having a house blessing, and I'm inviting both of you and, of course, your wives and kids."

"Thanks. It's good that the three of them have playmates now."

"Sorry that my son barged into your house; he must be lonely."

"Anytime he can play here; the three of them are always here every day."

"So nice, you have a spacious yard."

"Storm was here first. When we built our house, I bought the neighboring lots. Then we decided to remove the wall in between, so we share common yards."

"Nice idea. The kids have a spacious lawn to play."

"That's what our wives wanted; they don't want them confined to their rooms. They prefer outdoor play."

"They heard a buzz, and when they saw a kid like them, they called the guard to let him in. Jethro also told them he came from across the street. And there, they played."

"I thought they were triplets."

"No, my daughter Gem is older by three months. The twins are Prince and Princess." Storm

"I'm glad to have a neighbor like you." Jeff

"Are you assigned here now?" Otho asked.

"I'm from Bohol, stationed there in the infantry. My wife was appointed as a judge in one of the courts here, so we decided to settle here."

Jeff's phone vibrated on the table.

"My wife is asking where I am. Can I invite her so you can meet her?"

"Sure, I'll call the two; they're in the kitchen, probably cooking something," Otho answered.

"They're the only ones always together, especially when we're out of town," Storm added.

Soon, the two wives arrived, followed by the helpers carrying snacks. The doorbell rang, and the guard let someone in.

"Welcome, please sit." Storm

"This is Tonette, my wife," Jeff introduced.

"This is Jam, my wife... and Odette, Otho's wife." Storm

We chatted happily over coffee and slices of apple pie. The three on the other table were enjoying their conversation.

"The apple pie is delicious. Did you two bake these?" I overheard Tonette ask.