13: SPEAK UP

***

After contemplating and finally making up his mind, Uea decided to keep the baby. Uea already knows that it won’t be easy but the panic he felt with the thought of losing the child was more frightening.

Uea spent the night thinking of what to do before finally getting back to the office. First up were the supplements that he received to stabilize his body and avoid any suspicions from others.

Second is how to finish up the pending projects and to find a replacement as soon as possible. Uea planned on filing his resignation early next year so he has to tidy up things.

Jade already knows this plan so leaving him won’t be too much of a problem. However, there’s one man that Uea’s been having trouble with leaving.

“King… what should I do with you?” Uea mumbled as he let out a heavy sigh.

Uea knows that King’s being clingy and ghosting him won’t be the best idea. King is influential enough to find him either way so he has to think of another way to cut off their relationship.

“Relationship… Are we even in any kind?” Uea slowly recalled everything that happened in the past.

Uea was just playing around, something he planned on doing for the long run. To think he’d get knocked off like this. All this thinking made Uea shake his head as he felt overwhelmed.

“Finish work, leave… and think about King later.” Uea decided before finally drifting off to sleep.

As Uea had some time to think and rest, he finally thought of slowly distancing himself from King. Since he’d still be working with him for a few more weeks, Uea could gradually make King walk away from him on his own.

That’s what Uea initially planned but things seem to be going a rather different route.

“Uea, good morning. I brought you food.” King, again, came in with food and it’s been three days since he began acting like this.

Uea, at first, found it cute but three days of buying him food felt odd especially with the fact that King never contacted him throughout his leave felt odd.

“Ah, Jade, this is for you.” King then said as Jade happily received the food.

“Where’s mine~” Gun also asked making Uea turn to them and, just like before, King was again busy handing out paper bags with take-outs.

This is the very reason that Uea can't say anything about King’s behavior. If King was buying Uea food, suspicion would be reasonable. However, King’s been buying food for everyone in the office.

The food may be just some gesture that King’s doing but he’s been acting weirder. Weirder meaning that King suddenly stopped calling Uea for sex. It’s been a week since Uea came back to work but he received not one call from King.

It’s indeed odd since it wasn’t long when King was all over him but now, it’s as if King’s distancing himself. King’s being sweet and would check on Uea from time to time but he never asked to have sex. Though Uea knew that King’s been busy and literally worked his nights alone at the office, Uea’s starting to feel unsettled and confused.

Was King tired of him? Did he find a new fuckbuddy? Questions began clouding Uea’s mind and adding the upcoming baby, Uea felt more insecure and anxious.
Uea did decide to distance himself from King but now he’s starting to have mixed emotions about it.

“Phi, will you be staying late again?” Gun asked and Uea pretended not to listen in.

“I think I’ll rest for tonight. We can meet up at Dio’s early instead.” King said and Uea suddenly felt the urge to ask what was going on.