They're Taking Her Away, Charlie Brown!

Summer vacation was almost over for the Lil Folks, and it was almost time for everyone to go back to school. Everyone had already gotten back from their cruise, and were stocking up on school supplies. Charlie Brown had already stocked up on the essential school stuff. Sally was a bit whiny as usual.

"I don't get why we have to go back to school, Big Brother!" Sally moaned. "I was enjoying our summer vacation. I hate having to go back to school! Go on! Ask me why."

"Why do you hate having to go back to school?" asked Charlie Brown.

"Why do I need to have a reason?" Sally asked.

"Oh, good grief!" sighed Charlie Brown.

At last, school had returned, and over in Linus' class, Miss Othmar made her official announcement.

"Yes, Miss Othmar!" the students said.

Miss Othmar announced something.

"Did you hear that?" asked Five.

"We're getting a new kid in class today!" said Janice.

"And I think I know who it is." Linus smirked.

The door to the classroom opened, and in walked a girl with blonde hair tied in little ponytails, and was wearing a pink blouse, a pink skirt, and pink ballet flats.

"Wow! She's pretty!" Five exclaimed.

"She's not that pretty!" Sally scoffed.

"Mimi!" Linus exclaimed.

"Of course! It's Mimi!" Janice said.

Mimi stood to the front of the class to introduce herself.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Mimi Forsyth. We just moved into this humble neighbourhood."

"That's right! She told me she'd be moving here while we were on our cruise." Linus thought.

"Well, thanks for your time." Said Mimi as she went to take her seat.

Over in Charlie Brown's class, everyone was talking about how their summer vacation was. Lucy was up first.

"With special thanks to Charlie Brown, my little brother and I were able to earn enough money to buy everyone a cruise. That is why it's been the best summer vacation ever." Lucy explained.

Miss Donovan said that Lucy must've had a great holiday.

"Thank you, Ma'am." Lucy said.

Miss Donovan called on Frieda.

"Me, Miss Donovan?" asked Frieda.

Miss Donovan said yes.

"Alright then." Said Frieda as she walked up and started her speech.

"Thanks to the Van Pelts, I went on a cruise for summer vacation, and I did have a lot of fun." Frieda explained. "Though it did have its disadvantages. My naturally curly hair did get ruined in different ways."

"Oh good grief! Again with her naturally curly hair!" Charlie Brown sighed.

"Anyway....."

Suddenly, Frieda's voice started to get croaky.

"I did see all kinds of different sights while in Australia, Japan and Canada. But as nice as those countries are, there's no place like home. Thank you."

Frieda walked back to her desk. Heather looked and showed some concern.

"Is it just me or did Frieda's voice sound a bit..... raspy?" Heather asked.