✴.·'¯'·.·★ 🎀𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓝𝓔🎀 ★·.·'¯'·.✴

As she was for most of her life, Aisha was happy.

Turns out, the city they moved to had much in Aisha's favor; there was a perfectly lovely abundance of nature and wildlife (she befriended around the birds that would punge and her balcony) And school turned out to There was a beautiful library be a few blocks away from her new house. She studied and spent a greasonable amount of time there. generous

And then there was her new school, too. It turned out to be much more pleasant than she expected! She was able to socialize, being the ray of sunshine she was, and made new friends in no time. She really, REALLY did miss her old friends, but for now she was thankful for the ones she did have. They were all so nice and funny and wonderful, and they seemed to actually like her. Everything was going pretty well.

The teachers were friendly and welcoming. They praised her enthusiasm and quick thinking. getting the little rascal on their good side.

The same couldn't be said for Shihab though. He was lonely, as he had no one to talk to now.

Time skip 8 years

Aisha was 15 now, still going to the school she'd been in since moving. It was Monday morning, and EVERYTHING WAS GOING WRONG. None of her clothes felt right, pieces of her hair kept sticking out of her ponytail, and as soon as she stumbled through the school gates, she collided with Ayan, a junior, who was sipping away at some juice, and it drenched her and dyed her white top an orangish-yellow. She could feel all of it soaking into her skin. Great, she thought as Ayan apologized.

She slipped into the school building and saw her friends (my girls, she called them) Tasfia and Anima chatting in the hallway in front of their classroom.

"AISHA! WHY ARE YOU SO LATE TODAY?" Tasfia interrogated, getting all up in Aisha's face. She swatted at the curly-haired gremlin, rolling her eyes.

"Dude, she's literally a foot away from you. You don't have to yell. This is a HALLWAY," Anima said, pulling Tasfia back by the scruff. She produced a box of tissues from her backpack and started wiping Aisha's face with a fretful but unsurprised look.

Tausif, Tasfia's twin brother, emerged from behind the girls. "Whoa," he stared at the orange juice covered Aisha with an appalled expression for approximately a quarter of a century, before going "What'd you do, shower with OJ?", smothering his laugh with his hands. He rushed over to hold Anima's backpack for her with the kind of face a puppy has when it sees it's owner.

"Let me breathe for a bit please." Aisha said, exasperated. The girls managed to get Aisha dry before they hopped into class for another day of fun torture.

"Aisha!"

The gorgeous brunette turned her head to look at him. It really is her! One of her eyebrows twitched as she lowered her headphones and narrowed her eyes.

She definitely looked different after all these years, but he could recognize those golden-brown locks of hair and beautiful dark eyes anywhere. She seemed to glow, standing here under the warm winter sun, and dark jeans and her white sweater, which had an orange stain, made her stand out all the more, like a (stained) star. His heart leaped. Two little star-shaped earrings winked in the light from above. An assortment of woven bracelets adorned her wrists. He felt his heart leap; was that the one she'd made to match with his, all those years ago?

He snapped back into the world. Aisha stood there infront of him, staring. Her eyebrows twitched as she lostered her heart headphones and narrowed her eyes around her neck over her shoulders.

Oh, that would be in "Uh... That's me," she said, with her lovely voice, a voice Shihab missed so much, the one he thought he'd never hear again.

"Who's tha-", Anima and Tasfia started at the same time.

"Let me talk," Tasfia overtook Anima in a soft, but annoyed voice, batting her eyelashes innocently.

"You know, it'd be great if you learn to shut the fuck up once in a while," Tausif piped up, glaring at his sister.

"This," Aisha announced, "is Shihab."

"THE SHIHAB?" Anima exclaimed. Anima and Tasfia skidded over to Shihab and started examining and questioning him. "He's a lot shorter than I expected, you know."

"Could you not, please?" Shihab grumbled.

"My bad," Anima said dismissively, turning to grab Tausif before he mauled Tasfia while they were bickering.

_

_______________________________________
"So, why are you here, anyway?" Aisha questioned.

"My parents are abroad for work, so I had to either go with them or stay with my aunt, which led to me having to switch schools", Shihab explained.

"There are schools a lot closer to where your aunt lives though," Aisha noted.

"First of all, how do you remember where my aunt lives, second of all, I'm hurt, do you not want to go to the same school as me?" He stated dramatically. Aisha snickered.

The two of them really missed the bickering. They had been separated for 8 whole years, but it was like nothing ever changed.

Author's note: not us taking this seriously
lmaooooo

Also here ThePhakingGoat

Word count: 902 words with authors note hehhe

Ty for a 100 reads <33333