1. Heartbreaking news.

WHATTT??????

Her voice echoed throughout the hallway, and she stood up, unable to believe what the doctor was saying.

"Yes, miss, your mother is suffering from Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig's disease, which is a progressive neurodegenerative disorder affecting nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord," explained Doctor Lee.

Her heart sank; her mother was the only family she had. Her father had left them before her birth. The doctor suggested that if her mother was monitored and kept in the hospital under professional care and therapy, she would live a bit longer.

Tears fell down her eyes as she ran along the long hospital corridor, away from the scent of medicine and blood. As the rain fell, so did her tears. She wailed and screamed at God for trying to take away her only source of happiness-her mother.

They had been happy, living well, running a café together to make up for the lost time when she was young and her mother worked tirelessly to provide for her. Her mother never let her feel the absence of her father.

She screamed like thunder and cried like heavy rainfall, but the gods remained unbothered. Her whole world crumbled.

The Next Day

Now calm and collected, she went to the doctor's office.

"Dr. Lee, I am ready to let my mother be hospitalized. After all, it's for her longevity. But would you please fulfill my last wish?"

"What is it, miss? As your mother's school friend, I am as devastated as you to hear the news. I will try to help you both as much as I can."

"I want to set up my cafe in the hospital."

"Sure, Missy. The board meeting was also discussing setting up a cafe in the hospital. It will be a perfect suggestion for the next board meeting. You should now go and get ready to shift your mother to the hospital."

Mumbling a thankful and bowing, she left the doctor's office.

##hello everyone, it's my first time writing so I hope you all will give me some feed back and help me.

If you read this story don't forget to leave a comment.
If you all find this story deserving then don't forget to vote.

#This chapter is bit lacking but I will bring more insight in the next chapter.

Happy reading🥰🥰