02 The China family

Wang Yibo called his co-worker after exiting the police station:
"Yes, Jiao Jie, I have just finished here, they asked me to write down everything that happened, and now I'm going to the hospital.
Yes, thank god, they caught the culprit!
And thank god she was just robbed, she could have been killed, oh my god!
Who would have thought that the delinquent could be so young, a kid practically! Why would a fifteen years old kid not be supervised by his family? But maybe, he doesn't even have a family...like me...
No, JieJie, don't worry, I'm not sad. He's not like me, actually, if it's true that he has no family. I was lucky enough to have a loving father when I was his age. I also had friends, we just are not in contact anymore, but only because they made their own lives, some in other cities, some in other countries even.
And of course, I have you, now, thank you my dearest JieJie for always taking care of me.
Anyways, thank god that she is alive!
A nice policeman told me which hospital she was transported to. He also told me that from what he heard from the ambulance doctor, she was unconscious, but she has high chances to be alright after a while.
Yes, JieJie I will call you as soon as I get new news. No, don't worry, I will take care, bye!"

Yibo's stomach churned at the well known hospital scent. He remembered that his clothes, and even his hair was smelling like "hospital", whenever he was able to go home for a short shower while staying with his Baba (A/n: Dad in Chinese) during his numerous hospitalizations. The nice nurses even allowed him to sleep overnight in his father's ward, even though it was against the regulations.

"I love you and miss you so much, Baba.", he murmured, wiping a rebel tear, before explaining to the registration lady that he was there to see the subway attack patient.

"Are you family?"

"No!
But I am the witness.", Yibo tried.

"That's not important, maybe to the police, but not here.", she shrugged.
What is the patient's name, anyway?"

"I don't know.", Yibo blurted helplessly.

Yibo's tears from before were threatening to burst out in frustration. He needed to know if the woman he saved was alright and in no major danger, it was all he wanted to know, dammit!

"I was gonna marry her...And I'm not even allowed to see if she's okay?
Well, that's it, goodbye Piao Liang (A/n: pretty in Chinese), it was nice while it lasted. I am sorry Baba.", Yibo fake-laughed bitterly, wiping the last drop of tears and starting to walk towards the exit.

"Wait. I can help you. Don't talk to anyone, just follow me.", someone unexpectedly grabbed his arm.
It was a middle aged nurse.
What could he say, JieJies always had a soft spot for him, for some reason.
He didn't ask what, why or how, but just silently followed her.