Choices

"Morning, Team-jang-nim!"
"Ahjussi... How many times do I have to tell you to just call me by my name!"

The cheerful security ahjussi at HYBE's reception area laughed out loud

"Come on, Kang Junyeong-ssi... I still remember you joining us as a Source Music intern back then! And look at you now! The team leader of HYBE Corp's IT Department! I'm so proud of you!" he grinned. I chuckled.
"Ahjussi... I'm a team leader, not the team leader. There are other team leaders in the IT department," I playfully corrected him, but he dismissed it with a casual wave of his hand.
"Still, you're the leader of your team, right?" he insisted enthusiastically. I rolled my eyes, although I couldn't stop myself from grinning.
"Alright, alright... There's no winning against you..." I conceded. The Ahjussi laughed again.
"Have a great week ahead, Junyeong-ssi!" he wished me well as I tapped my employee ID on the turnstile.
"Nee... You too, Ahjussi!" I smiled.

I glanced at my watch as I greeted the other employees at the lift lobby. It was seven-thirty sharp. Good. I was thirty minutes early. I didn't like to be late, and I had never been late so far in my entire career working at this company. Maybe that was why I was promoted as a team leader in HYBE's IT Department when I came back from my military service last October. That didn't happen to a lot of people, mind you, and I know I wasn't just lucky. I guessed I made my own luck. The lift came, and I scooted in with the others, riding it to my office floor.

"Ah! Junyeong! Right on time!" someone exclaimed the moment I stepped out of the lift.

Turning toward the voice, I saw HYBE's IT Director waving me over. He stood next to a middle-aged man in a sharp gray suit, someone I hadn't seen before. He was neat and composed, but his lips seemed to be in a perpetual sneer. Still, he looked like an important figure, so I hastened my steps, stopping just a few paces away, and gave a respectful bow.

"Annyeong hashimnikka, Isa-nim!" I greeted with a smile.
"Ne, ne, annyeonghaseyo. Sung-woon-ssi, this is Kang Junyeong, one of our team leaders in the IT Department," the Director introduced me to the man he was talking to, "Junyeong-ah, this is Im Sung-woon."
"Ah, ne. Annyeong hashimnikka, Sung-woon-ssi!" I greeted him with another bow.

 Annyeong hashimnikka, Sung-woon-ssi!" I greeted him with another bow