2.𝑷𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒚

I stared at those colorful, shining lights, mesmerized by the vibrant ambiance they created within the bar. The interior was adorned with a kaleidoscope of lights, casting a magical glow all around the interior of the bar. I took a deep breath and inhaled the intoxicating aroma of fine wine and craft beer. Even though I hate working at the bar, I love this strong scent lingering here. As I scanned the room, I could see people laughing and talking, enjoying their drinks and the lively atmosphere. I could sense the infectious energy in the air, and it made me smile.

"Lily, you have to take another shot with us!" A faithful customer named Joseph, in his late forties, loves to ask for shots with me. I usually refuse, but tonight it's an exception. I slept for approximately two hours. Due to the stress, I couldn't bring myself to eat even a simple slice of bread. I hid a knife under my bed last night just in case the freaky man would appear next to it. I even commanded Grandma to lock her door. She protested at first, and her reason was: "What if I need to use the bathroom, and because the door will be locked, I'll pee myself?" Yeah, that's exactly what she said to me.

I returned to reality and stared at Joseph, who was sitting in front of me.

Drinking would make me dizzy in no time. Yet I accepted it.

I poured tequila at the very top of the empty shot glasses, overflowing them and spilling some on the wooden counter.

Joseph raised his hand in a toast. "To the best and cutest bartender far and near!" He rattled his glass against mine, smirking. I ignored what he said about me and swallowed the whole liquid. As the burning sensation of the alcohol coursed down my throat, I couldn't help but feel a warm buzz spreading throughout my body.

"One glass of red vine." I shifted my head to the voice of a woman who had come to the bar yesterday and startled me on my way home. Her look was completely different today. Her top matched the color of her hair. The top perfectly showed off her cleavage. The leopard coat was hanging onto her shoulders, but her hands were free out of the sleeves. It was hard for me to see her legs, but I took notice of the black leather material dragging down her thighs. Her lips were painted a deep red, and her eyes were lined with black eyeliner. She was holding a little purse, which she carelessly dumped onto the counter.

"Here you go," I said, placing the glass of wine in front of her. I noticed that the image of her was starting to shake, and I had to hold myself by the counter.

"Are you okay, Lily?" I felt Joseph beside me and his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm alright," I assured him with a fake smile.

His hand was still attached to my shoulder, which irritated me.

"You can let go of me. I'm okay now." I said fiercely, looking at him over my shoulder.

He drew closer to me, locking his hand on my waist. "I love it when you're wearing such a short skirt." His lips move to my ear. "Turns me on." He whispered.

Feeling his hand on my waist made my skin crawl, and his words only intensified my discomfort. I hate men.

I knew Joseph had a thing for me. Despite me refusing his proposals for dates or drinking, he still tried his best to win me over.

He didn't mind the age difference between us, and he surely didn't mind that his wife and kids were home waiting for him while he was hitting on a twenty-year-old girl.

Joseph was the kind of man I'd simply shoot with a gun if I owned one. Unfortunately, with the little I get paid, I can't afford such a weapon, only a pepper spray.

"Whatcha doing you disgustingly after warranty, old bastard? Don't you have a wife at home? Or should I teach you a lesson and chop off that pinky-size dick?"