.

Cecil loves showers, especially on Tuesdays. Something about Tuesdays made him want to shower. Need to shower. Every other day he gets in because he has to; being in a broadcasting booth alone with the Faceless Old Woman that lives secretly in your home can be smelly work- because she doesn't shower of course.

There was one Tuesday when Cecil was younger, where he'd gotten in the shower, like normal. When he got out, there was a note on the table that said "bye" written in pen, which is probably why Simon and his mum left. Pens are illegal. They never came home.

Carlos hates showers. Its more time he has to waste not doing science experiments- because Carlos is a scientist. He especially hates showering on Tuesdays. When he was younger, Carlos got in the shower on a Tuesday night after school, like normal. When he got out, his parents left a note saying they'd gone to 'find their great perhaps'. They never came home.

When Cecil started staying at Carlos's house and Carlos starting staying at Cecil's house, they usually showered together. For no reason other than the fact that if you used all the hot water it became champagne which is acidic, so Carlos, being a scientist, decided it would save water.

On Tuesdays, when Carlos was grumpy about showering, Cecil would squirt shampoo and conditioner into his hands and massage it into his boyfriends hair while Carlos pouted.

On Tuesdays, when Carlos was grumpy about showering, Cecil would take the time to talk about his day at work, complain about Steve Carlsberg, and try to explain why the void was in different places every week, but never changing in size or smell.

On Tuesdays, when Carlos was grumpy about showering, Cecil would wash his boyfriend from head to toe, until soap suds completely covered him. He would quietly sing some songs from the weather that day until Carlos was clean all over.

"If you don't dry your hair, Cecil, you'll get sick, and you know how the Secret Police deal with sick people". Cecil's mum had always said, while she was actually there, so when they got out of the shower, Cecil was quick to dry his hair.

On Tuesdays though, when Carlos was grumpy about showering, he'd just get out, half dry his body, put on boxers and sit on the bed.

On Tuesdays, when Carlos was grumpy about showering, Cecil would stand in front of his boyfriend and say 'The Secret Police will take you away. You and your perfect, perfect hair', before kissing his forehead slowly.

On Tuesdays, when Carlos was grumpy about showering, Cecil stood in between his boyfriends legs and plopped a towel over his head. He'd shake and massage and rub and scratch until Carlos's curls were dry. It was always quiet though, because Cecil knows that sometimes Carlos needs some time to think about science things and his parents leaving him.

On Tuesdays, when Carlos was grumpy about showering, Cecil would say 'lift your arms' and slide a long sleeved shirt on his torso. He'd say 'stand up' and slide pajama pants- usually matching Cecil's -up his boyfriends legs and tie them. He'd kiss Carlos before laying down in bed, and cuddling up to him.

Carlos doesn't always hate showering on Tuesdays anymore.