C͎h͎a͎p͎t͎e͎r͎ ͎o͎n͎e͎

(Fem. Reader Version)

(In this AU he isn't really upset about Blue's death.)

Y/N P.O.V.

19##

The desert, somewhere in Nevada.

It is so fucking hot out here.

I swear to DESTROYA, it must be about 110 degrees (Fahrenheit) right now. The next vehicle I steal better have some type of A.C. or I'll make sure to give the owner a piece of my mind.

I notice a white sporty-looking car with red stripes on the side of it, and it's completely unattended. What a lucky find. I bet that thing has A.C.

A quick glance around the parking lot tells me the owner is not close by, which is good, but I don't know how long they've been gone so they could come back anytime.

Then I got an idea, maybe I could talk my way into getting a ride. Perhaps I could convince the driver to give me a ride. I am wearing a crop top and low-rise cargo pants after all. That's one of the good things about always being on the run, I stay in shape.

I move closer to the vehicle and take a quick peek in the windows, looking for anything to help me convince the person, then I spot a few Ramones cassettes. Perfect, I'm pretty well-versed in them. I can use that to my advantage.

So, I linger around the car for about ten minutes, and eventually a guy with red hair emerges from the gas station, heading straight for the car with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

I take a deep breath and approach him, plastering on the fakest dumb blonde smile I can manage. "Hi!" my voice sounding way more perky than usual then I hesitate, not exactly sure what to open this conversation with as I push a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "Are you traveling The desert all by yourself? Aren't you an A.K.A? Y'all are usually in clicks and shit." Fuck. I meant to be nicer than that, that made me sound bitchy and kinda like an asshole... but the words just sorta, flowed out of my mouth

And I mean, it's what I was actually thinking. Heh. I might not charm my way into this guy's air-conditioned car. How sad.

He pauses and turn to look at me, his eyes trailing up and down my body a couple of times.

"keep undressing me with my eyes and I'll catch a cold~" I tease, giving him a small wink.

Perfect, if all else fails at least I know I can probably use my body for this guys attention.

The guy rolls his eyes and looks away from me for a moment, running a hand through his hair. He takes a drag and looks back at me, his eyes lingering a little lower than I would've liked, a small smirk forming on his face.

"Yeah, whatever." he says and scoffs to himself, but it sounds like it might be to hide a laugh.

" Yes, I'm part of or at least I was part of the Fabulous Killjoys.but we just disbanded. Today actually." He mumbled and took another drag, barely blowing the smoke away from me.

I bite back the urge to get mad at him for blowing the smoke in my direction and instead waft the smoke out of my face, nodding slowly and putting on a frown, even though I don't really care what happened to his little playgroup, I ask "Oh no! What happened?" I pause, now seems like the perfect time to slip in a Ramones reference, but I can't fucking think of one. So instead I keep my eyes in his, waiting for his response.

Seriously though, why can't I think of a single Ramones song? I used to be a big punk fan. I love the Ramones, but all I can think of right now is the sex pistols songs.