Chapter 2: Jin Peacocks

A young boy, possibly about a year younger than Sizhui, was tied up, his chestnut brown hair falling onto his shoulders, any ornament of gold stripped from him. A crimson-red mark tainted his forehead, marking him of the Jin royal bloodline. Red seeped from his wounds on his face, arms, legs, and his uniform worn by the Jin Sect, stained by his blood. Jin Ling - courtesy name Jin Rulan - was captured by none other than his own sect disciples. Yes, Jin sect disciples.

"Why didn't our lord kill this brat?"

"If he did, he'd be squashed by the Sandu Shengshou, Yiling Laozhu, Zewu-Jun, and Hanguang Jun altogether!"

"Yes, yes! He'd be sorry for killing his only nephew."

A pair of worn-out eyes fluttered open, only to see blurs of gold and white, standing above him, snickers and chuckles heard. Jin Ling shook his head weakly, pain shooting throughout his entire body. It took him a few minutes to clear the fog lingering in his head, but when his vision cleared...

"What?! Jin disciples?" He exclaimed weakly, but just enough for the men to hear him. One of them walked over to Jin Ling, an unsheathed blade hungry for blood by the edge of his neck. As an instinct, Jin Ling tilted his head upwards, his phoenix eyes glaring at the perpetrator.

"Listen here, brat, you're going to lead us to Guanyin Temple, and let us in. Otherwise, you know what's the price to pay," the man said in a cold, harsh tone.

Jin Ling spat. "Over my dead body," he replied with much temper, even though there was only a very small chance of him getting out alive. "Why need me instead of some other person? Clan Leader Nie? Clan Leader Lan or my jiujiu?"

"This kid really has no logic," another bandit whispered loudly.

"So what if I have no logic? It's better than to fret over something someone left a year ago! Oh wait, I forgot. You also don't have logic. Man, what a pity." Jin Ling gave a heartily laugh, taunting and teasing his kidnappers.

"Alright, enough of this sick game," the man in front of Jin Ling said, stuffing a rag into his mouth so as to not speak. Jin Ling attempted to yell, but his cries were muffled against the piece of cloth. Jin Ling on the man's shoulders, he and a few other soldiers left their base.

Somewhere in Gusu~

"JIN LING!" Sizhui yelled on and on. "JIN LING, WHERE ARE YOU?"

But he's not alone. Wei Ying, Lan Zhan, and Jingyi were all calling for their cultivator in gold. Some of the Lan disciples that were tagging along with their Head Junior, Sizhui, all spread out to find Jin Ling. As if on cue...

"WEI WUXIAN! YOU DID NOT LOSE MY NEPHEW!!" An angry voice yelled towards his xiongge. A man clad in purple robes and violet ornaments walked towards Wei Ying quickly, sparks of the Zidian - the spiritual weapon of the late Violet Spider - flying out from the snake arm guard. In his other hand was the mighty Sandu - the fierce blade that hungers for blood wielded by none other than the Sandu ShengShou himself. Jiang Cheng - courtesy name Jiang Wanyin - raised his hand to attack his xiongge with Zidian, but failed as it clashed with Bichen.

"WHERE IS JIN LING?! Answer now, or I break your legs," he added in a softer tone, yet fierce all the same.

"We don't know, Jiang Cheng. He was supposed to meet us outside of Caiyi Town!" Wei Ying said, holding his hands up in surrender.

"Well then, let's go find him! He was supposed to be near Gusu, right? He came straight from Lanling to Gusu, which means he's somewhere in Moling."

"Thank heavens for your amazing geography," Wei Ying sighed. Though, he was slightly confused. How was his xiongdi so calm when his only nephew was kidnapped? And he came from the direction of Gusu...