The dinner

AADVIK
Without another word to the man in front of me, mostly because he didn't deserve. He didn't even have the decency to not drink at his daughter's engagement.

I followed Aisha to the backyard but stayed a few steps behind. She knew I was there but didn't do anything about it. She sat down beside the pool, her lehenga circled around her and took out her phone and a pair of earbuds from her bag.

I could see her serenity come back as she played something from her phone and closed her eyes, admitting to the symphony. Wanting to give her a moment of peace, I went to my room and quickly changed out of the elaborate outfit I wore. The ring on my finger served as a reminder of her new presence in my life.

Making my way back to the pool I took a glass of water for her.
She still sat in the same position, her eyes still closed. Even though her face was as blank as a white canvas, her slow humming made her feel real and not a statue.

I sat beside her and took out a earbud from her ear to mine. A slow tune of "Alag Aasman" by Anuv Jain played through. She loved these slow symphonies but her peace during this one differentiated it from others.

She gave a tight smile taking the water in her hands a taking small sip from it. Unlike that day, today she was calm, as if she had accepted her father's decision.

We sat there listening to the song on loop as she rested her head on my shoulder and gazed at the moon. No words were said but many feelings passed through us with air.

She finally broke the silence with a small smile as she sat up straight and tuned towards me.
"This is my favourite song." She said. The moonlight brushed her face making her look like the moon herself.
"I listened to it when I drove to my first own apartment after living in hotels, bachelor rooms with terrible roommates. It reminds me no matter how alone I am right now, no matter what, no matter where I'll have someone. Someone who comes after me when I run away with my sorrows. Someone who holds me as I cry. Someone who brings me water to drink" she said the end with a small chuckle holding up the glass of water.

"You are my someone Aadi." She said before I could even reply to her first confession.
I opened my mouth to say something but her finger on my lips stopped me before the words came out.

"But don't think that highly of yourself, you still are khadoos, someone." She added the someone to fool me into thinking I was just another man, making me let out a laugh. Her eyes widened as if I pulled a dangerous stunt. Only Aisha Arora could make a confession, deny it and then act shocked all under a minute.

"We'll have to work about that someone, Everything." I added the everything because that's what she was, everything.

She hugged my waist and gave me a small peck on the lips, giving me a huge grin.

She felt better now, this brought an idea to my head. A fun night to make her feel better. I knew Kunal was still here with Niya and I was sure Ruhi and Vedant would be up for fun. None of us had dinner yet so I proposed the idea.

"Do you wanna go out for dinner with the idiots? You'd feel better from their jokes." We'd name the 4 'idiots' after all their mischief.

Her eyes already glimmered under the moon but beamed up but soon were back to normal as she shook her head,
"You have a flight tomorrow, I need to be back home by 1 am. I have a meeting with a client from LA. Not to mention I don't have clothes and as much as I love this outfit I can not stay in it for any longer." She said but disappointment covered her face.

"I am not gonna sleep anyway since I need to sleep on the plane. It's only 10 right now so we can eat and drop you off before the meeting and lucky for you there are two closest that you can raid any second." I said clearing all doubts. I knew she wouldn't sleep before the meeting anyway so this could only help.
Not to my surprise she nodded and stood up getting away from me as she entered the house.