5

○□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□○
Closer
○□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□○

"Where to next?"
Delphine asked as she watched Niklaus load their bags into the car before Stefan returned from his hunt.

"Georgia, there's rumors of a pack there"
He answered throwing the trunk shut, as Stefan wiped the remaining blood from his chin, before he climbed into the backseat, shutting the door without a word.

"Then we should get driving"
Delphine slipped into the seat that had been designated as hers for as long as this journey would take.

Shutting the door, she took the aux cord from the center console, plugging it into her phone before she chose a Playlist she felt fitting to drown out the silence that would surely settle over the trio once they started the day's journey.

She thought back to what happened the night before, trying to grasp the information Niklaus had shared with her the previous night.

Niklaus followed after her, slipping into the driver's side before he started the engine and they set off on the road.

○□□□□□○

"Well, that was a bust.."
Stefan commented settling back against the side of the car as yet another lead, led to a dead end and a night of searching killing, and walking.

Niklaus seemed unamused by the ripper's pessimistic outlook as he allowed Delphine to slide off his back.

"Not to be a bummer, but I think I'll stay in the car next time"
Delphine shook out her legs, they had covered almost 30 miles, and to say Delphine wasn't one for long distance would be a monumental understatement, as Nikaus had chosen to carry after her blatant irritation became to much for him to handle, spurred on by Stefan's bad mood.

"And leave you unprotected. Not a chance love"
Niklaus told her, pulling open the door for her to slip into the car before he rounded it.

"Sleeping in the car again?"
Delphine asked, throwing her head back against the seat, as she thought of the tight muscles she would wake up to the next morning.

"No, there's a little hotel nearby. We'll stay there"
Niklaus answered as he slid into the driver's seat, At the same moment Stefan sat down in the back.

○□□□□□○

"Who's sharing a room?"
Stefan asked staring at the keys to the only two available rooms, silently praying that Niklaus would have him stay alone.

"You two can decide"
Delphine took the key from Stefan's hand, waltzing off towards the room she would occupy for the night.

She could hear the pair she had left behind bickering until she had turned a corner and found her room.

The room was painted in tones of white and grey, with silver accents there stood a large bed pressed against the wall, fitted tightly with a duvet and a stair-like structure of pillows.

Delphine threw herself onto the bed, with an exhale of air as the releasation hit her, Niklaus had her bag and she didn't ask which room he would stay in for the night.

"Shit"
She spoke moments before a patterned thud echoed from the door through the room.

Standing she moved the open the door, smiling as her eyes met Niklaus.
"I was just about to call, you still have my bag"