I Have a Date, Charlie Brown!

Valentine's Day was slowly approaching, and Tommy Halverson was sitting in front of the mailbox. Charlie Brown passed by, and noticed the long face on Tommy's head.

"That used to be me multiple times, Tommy." Charlie Brown said.

"So you never received valentines either, Charlie?" Tommy asked.

"Well, not really." Charlie Brown answered. "Except the time Violet gave me a used one, someone handed me one, and last year, I got several. One from Frieda, one from Marcie, one from Peppermint Patty, and one from Heather, my one and only...."

Charlie Brown sighed happily.

"Little Red-Haired Girl."

"I don't think I should bother with Valentine's Day, Charlie." Said Tommy sadly. "I never get valentines. I'm more likely to win a football game, as much as I dislike playing, than get a valentine."

"So why don't you think you'll get a valentine this year, Tommy?" Charlie Brown asked.

"Emily's moved away," Tommy said. "so my chances of receiving a valentine are slim to zero. I don't think any girl will ever love me again."

"Aw, I know how you feel, Tommy." Charlie Brown said sympathetically.

The day of Valentine's Day had arrived, and Tommy was ill in bed. He had caught the flu.

"Yes, Mum. I will remain in bed."

Mrs. Halverson announced Tommy has a visitor.

"A visitor?"

The visitor was Katie the Little Pigtailed Girl.

"Hi, Tommy." Said Katie.

"Hey, Cuz." Said Tommy.

"How are you feeling?" Katie asked.

"Not so well." Answered Tommy sadly. "Emily has moved away and the only place she's at now is Los Angeles, and with no other girl who has feelings for me, all I can do apart from get better and remain in bed is to avoid anything to do with Valentine's Day."

"Aw, I know how you feel, Cuz. Well, I'd best get to school." Katie said.

"Take care." Said Tommy.

At school, Miss Donovan made a formal announcement.

A new student?!" everyone exclaimed.

"Scarlet Harper?" quizzed Charlie Brown.

"Now who could this Scarlet be?" wondered Lucy.

As Lucy asked this, the door opened, and in walked a girl with short blonde hair in which she was wearing scarlet hair clips, a scarlet red dress with a white collar and a maroon bow at the back, matching red socks, and black and white saddle shoes.

"G'day! Scarlet Harper here!" she announced.

"Hmm....." pondered Charlie Brown. "I've seen her before..... oh no. She's friends with Emerald!"

"So, we just came in from Sydney, Australia. Since my dad's a security expert, he decided since America has more crimes than Australia, we decided to come here. Thank you." Scarlet said before she went over to Tommy's desk.

Miss Donovan told her that was Tommy's desk.

"Tommy? You mean Tommy's moved here too? Oh."

Scarlet decided to sit next to Frieda instead.

"You don't mind me....."

"Not at all, Scarlet." Said Frieda. "Say, your name reminds me of my naturally curly hair."