Whose Birthday Is It, Charlie Brown?

Charlie Brown was standing outside the Van Pelt's psychiatry booth holding a football. He was waiting for Lucy to come by.

"Lucy van Pelt! Oh, Lucy van Pelt!" Charlie Brown cajoled.

Lucy came up upon hearing Charlie Brown call her.

"Yes, Charlie Brown?" asked Lucy.

"I have a neat idea, Lucy." Said Charlie Brown. "I'll hold this football, and you come running up to it and you kick it."

"What a neat idea, Charlie Brown."

Lucy was about to walk away to prepare to kick but then stopped.

"Hold on, Charlie Brown!" Lucy realised. "Are you sure you're not just gonna yank the football away, causing me to land on my back and kill myself?"

"Oh, come on, Lucy! Surely you can trust me on this!" smirked Charlie Brown.

"I don't trust blockheads! And don't call me Shirley." Lucy said firmly.

"Look, Lucy. If you kick the football, I'll invite you to my birthday party which I'm throwing tomorrow."

"Charlie Brown, you got yourself a deal!" Lucy said.

Lucy went as far away from the football as possible, and then, she ran as fast as she could towards the football.

"I'm gonna kick that ball! Looking forward to some of that delicious cake!"

But at the last nanosecond, as Lucy neared the football, Charlie Brown yanked it away, causing Lucy to fly up into the air and crash land on her back.

"Oooooh....." Lucy groaned.

"I made a mistake, Lucy." Said Charlie Brown. "My birthday isn't until October. It's someone else's birthday."

"I can't stand it! I can't stand it at all!" Lucy groaned.

The next morning, Frieda was still fast asleep, wearing not just her purple pyjamas, but at the front of her naturally curly hair, she was wearing a purple bow.

"Hmm..... time to get up and primp my naturally curly hair."

Frieda got up and went to the mirror. As she was about to primp her hair, she got a surprise.

"Huh?! Why..... why is there a bow in my hair?!" Frieda wondered.

Frieda went back to her room to change into her usual outfit; A purple blouse, a purple pleated skirt, purple socks, and black Mary Jane shoes. Then, she went outside.

"Well, time to go to school. I hope my sweeteridoo is there." Frieda smiled.

Mr. Rich called out to her.

"No school today?! But.... how come?"

Mr. Rich explained what day it was.

"Saturday? Well, I'm going out anyway." Frieda decided.

Charlie Brown was walking by with a gift wrapped in yellow paper and a black ribbon. Frieda noticed it.

"Hey, Charlie Brown!" called Frieda.

"Oh. Hi, Frieda." Said Charlie Brown.

"Charlie Brown. Could you tell me what you're doing with that present?" Frieda asked.

"I'm..... er.... Taking it to a secret place."

Charlie Brown noticed the bow in Frieda's hair.

"Say, love that little ribbon in your hair." Said Charlie Brown.

"Er.... Thanks, Charlie Brown. I noticed it this morning." Frieda said.

Frieda turned her back on Charlie Brown, and continued to think....