Tired.

TW: MENTION OF ABUSE!!!!

I ponder down at my stressful English homework, something about language use I bite part of my nail,who the fuck would need this. I stare at the work page, mainly not being part of the world at the moment... With a sigh, I stand up.

Maybe just a quick break won't hurt...
My gaze falls on the balcony, leading to face a busy road. I slide open the glass door a woosh of humid air pats down on my face and body.

While working on my papers, I guess I was so focused I didn't realize it was raining. A slight laugh escaped my mouth. I leaned on the railing.

I put my head down, the cool metal railing pushed on my forehead.
(Flash back)
Mother slapped me cheek, hot steamy tears rolled down my cheek as I pleaded for her to stop.
"This is what you get for having a bad grade,you little shit." She hit me a few more times that night. "Now go to your room, vermin." Her nickname for me was always vermin. It hurt the first couple of times... I got used to it, though.
A few years after non-stop torture, my mother died from liver failure. It was sad at first, but I shortly got over it with the help of the school counselor.

A tear rolled smoothly down my cheek, and it fell down to join the other rain drops on their adventures to the rainy streets.

In seconds,the tear looked just like a normal raindrop.

"Whatever." I grumble. I slide open the door with a sigh. I slam the glass door shut, leaving the rain being muffled.
I exhale with exhaustion. I flop down onto my bed, the spring squeak from the pressure. "Maybe just a quick break." I mumble. I let my eyes flutter close. I slowly drift to sleep.