Chapter 1: Distance

The first time you'd ever met her was during between the final meeting between your families. They'd drag her in to the room kicking and screaming, protesting against having to marry some schmuck she didn't even know. Well, at least you weren't alone in the sentiment. You'd laugh and shake your head, all while they forced her to sit next to you. She'd looked over to you with furrowed brows, and you'd glance at her, and you'd make faces at each other as the elders discussed whatever terms they had for this arrangement.

It was kind of ironic, but the only comfort you had in that miserable situation was your equally miserable arranged wife. From time to time, she'd poke your side and ask silly questions. You'd look over and answer in an equally comical way. She would giggle and give one of her toothy grins, all smiles and no propriety. The elders would chastise you both for being childish. Her grins only ever grew wider.

When the final meeting ended, you were left alone with her so you could get to know each other. You'd stare into each other's eyes, sky blue against pure white, and then you'd laugh at each other until you both collapsed. It was nice. Neither of you knew too much about the other, but you were gonna be married. The very least the two of you could do was make friends beforehand. 

The two of you would explore the estate, messing around like the elders weren't watching your every move. She'd tell you all about her games. You'd listen to her rants. She'd smile deviously before showing you something unhinged on her phone. You'd scrunch up your face and cringe, and then she would laugh and then you would too. She was having a lot of fun, and you couldn't deny the fact that you were too. It didn't take long for the two of you to form a bond that would last until death and then some more. 

So when are you coming back?

Marry each other, make your children play genetic lottery, best case scenario is that out comes newer and more powerful sorcerers to keep the world safe for the foreseeable future. That was the plan and you absolutely hated it. You wanted to give your children a life that was free of the responsibilities of a jujutsu sorcerer. You wanted them to lead normal lives. But you understood that the world needed more of you, and more of her. You didn't have to like it, but it was the undeniable truth.

So you agreed to the terms. Once you were both graduated from Jujutsu High, you'd procreate and be merry, creating even more white-haired, pure-eyed babies: combinations of you and her. Half of the jujutsu world would collectively lose their shit once they find out that you and Satori were married and would have kids. The other half would straight up just try to kill either of you. 

You were just glad that the whole thing was being kept a tight secret. Having the stress of assassins coming after you would have been bad for your health. Besides, how hard is it to have a purely political marriage, devoid of love and affection for your partner? Very. You loathed the idea of not loving your partner. You would cherish and appreciate them, take care of their every need and give them all the love in the world that they would need. You'd wake up in the early morning to cook up breakfast, you'd kiss them goodbye as you left for work, you'd hold onto their hand even if the world was falling apart. You would.

Satori didn't care much about love. But it was more like she didn't exactly understand the point of it. All she knew was that she wanted to live her life exactly how she wanted to, and being a pregnant stay-at-home mom was not in the future that she had envisioned for herself. You would solemnly tell her how hard it was to come to terms with the arranged marriage. You would tell her that she didn't have to be tied down to you and that she could live her life exactly how she wanted to, without having to worry about the marriage looming above your heads. She would look over to your dejected face. She would give you that same toothy grin.That's what I was planning the whole time!