Rest of the Episodes Recap

Vicky Donavon gets turned into a vampire and later killed. Elena finds out that Damon, Stefan, and even Emil are vampires. She confronts Emil all pissed off because he didn't tell her. She, Damon, and Stefan also finds out that Emil is a vampire/werewolf/witch hybrid. Damon knew long before both of them though because Emil told him. Elena and Emil find out that Katherine Pierce (Who looks exactly like Elena) is Stefan's and Damon's ex girlfriend who manipulated both of them into loving her. They also found out that the spell on the tomb that held her and the other tomb vampires was broken so Damon could finally kill her. But it didn't work and let out all of them and Katherine wasn't even in the tomb. So his revenge plan was for nothing. Bonnie's Grams died by trying to break the tomb spell with Bonnie. Another vampire Anna, (Which Jeremy falls for) came and managed to get her mother out of the tomb. When Founder's day came, all the Tomb Vampires (Except Anna and her mom) appeared with the intention to kill off the founder's of Mystic Falls, But a watch device created by the gilbert siblings grandfather, incapacitated them all before Liz Forbes (Caroline's mom) dragged them into the basement of a building and burned them all. Including Mayor Lockwood, Damon, and Emil. 

Later on, they found out the reason why both Tyler and the Mayor were werewolves, the mortal enemies of vampires. They also found out Katherine came back to Mystic Falls with Tyler's Uncle, Mason Lockwood, to find the moonstone that's hidden somewhere in the Lockwood manor. Katherine killed Caroline  in the hospital and turned her into a vampire due to Bonnie telling Damon to feed her his blood to save her. Caroline drained a guy of his blood and completed her transition. Bonnie got all pissy when she found out that Caroline's a vampire and killed someone. Emil told her to stop blaming Damon when it was because of her choice to make Damon feed his blood to her. After that Bonnie selfishly stated she couldn't trust Caroline to have her own daylight ring. Which made Emil furious with Bonnie and made Caroline a daylight ring himself. Because of that Caroline and Emil became closer. 

Damon took Mason back to the boarding house, tortured him and killed him off. That pissed off Katherine and made her decide to compel Jenna to stab herself with a knife. Before she threatened to kill all of them one by one if they didn't surrender the moonstone to her.

So now Emil, Stefan, Damon, Jeremy and Alaric are in the Boarding house discussing a plan to kill Katherine at the Masquerade Ball.