i. Overture

ONE OVERTURE( S1'  E2 )

ONE OVERTURE
( S1'  E2 )

PILATE GAGS AT THE SIGHT of the bloody rag. She's nice enough to do it with her back turned to the two boys (Grover! and the Minotaur kid) having an emotional chit-chat in the corner, as not to hurt the latter's feelings. She is, however, not polite enough to stop herself from eavesdropping. 

  "So your job is done." The line is delivered like one would a breakup. Pilate almost stuffs the rag in her mouth to muffle her laughs. From the shuffling, she would assume the boy was getting out of bed. As his temporary healer, she should probably stop that. Probably. She's too invested in the conversation, though.

  Grover's voice is concerned as he asks, "where are you going?"

  "It was so important I get here 'cause my father's a god. So I'm gonna go find—" the boy bumps into her as a result of his walking backwards. Pilate turns around, dripping rag in hand. 

  "Woah, sorry," Minotaur kid stumbles backwards away from the blood that's threatening to get onto his shoes.

  Pilate must look unamused, because he feels the need to add more to his apology. "I wasn't looking, sorry, sorry. Am I allowed to leave? Or do you need to do something else? If you need to do something else I guess I could..." His voice trails off uncertainly. The Pilate Effect, as Annabeth likes to call it, is definitely working on him.

  She chews on her bottom lip, thinking about it. "Turn around." The boy obeys, and she peers at the mostly-healed gash on the side of his neck. "Yeah, okay, that shouldn't get infected. Let me get you a band-aid, though." Out of her pocket comes a bright, smiley-face patterned bandage, which she hastily slaps onto him.

  "Is that it?" Minotaur kid asks, still as a rock.

  She nods, moving away. "Yup. You're free to go, kid."

  "Okay, uhm, thank you..." He doesn't know her name, does he? Typical. She stayed up all night putting medicine on him in one-hour intervals. All because Lee wanted to stay the night in his girlfriend's cabin.