One

Kats POV.

I run for the ball. "Here!!!" I shout.
They ignore me.
I keep running. I'm open, and they player with the ball, Harry, is about to lose it. "HARRY!!!" I bellow. He still pretends to not hear me, and loses the ball.

As I'm running back I'm suddenly pushed over. I land on the turf with an ohhff.
The boys crowd round me, laughing. I struggle up, palms and knees stinging, lip cut.
"Why did you trip me over?!" I yell at Harry. He continues to smirk and snigger.

Right. I think. He's in for it.
I launch myself at him, pinching and kicking.
I hear yelling, and FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!
He punches me in the face, I kick him in the stomach.

The shrill piece of a whistle stops us.
"Harry Malone and Kat James!!! I am ashamed of you!! Go to Mrs Claire!" Our teacher, Mr Lawrie yells.
I run to the office, sitting down in a hard plastic chair.
"Soccer is not the sport for such violence! No sport for a week! Detention every lunch time until Friday."

Harry walks out, glaring at me.
He takes care to pinch my arm on the way out, so I retaliate with a kick.
"Kat?" Asks Mrs Claire with a tired voice. "Come in."
I walk in and sit down in the fake leather upholstery.

"So." She says, shuffling around a few papers on her lap.
"Tell me what happened at lunch time."
I begin. "Well, we were playing soccer, as usual. When I was running for the ball, Harry pushed me over. For no reason! So I showed him he can't get away with that!" I finish.

"By giving him a black eye?" Mrs Claire sighs.
I bite my lip.
"Oops." She looks at me seriously.
"No sport for a week, and lunchtime detentions in the library until Friday. With Harry."

"What? No! I have to train for the soccer tournament...." I say frantically.
"Well, I'm sorry, Kat, but I've decided that you and Harry will not be going. That is final."
I stare, opened mouthed, as she ushers me out of the room.

No soccer..
This is the worst punishment ever.