Chapter 1

Growing up with my sister, has probably been the hardest thing I've ever done. She was always starting fights over the dumbest things, stuff that I could care less about. And her thoughts always consisted of one individual who would never love her back, and yet, somehow she thinks that his love is a competition, and I am the other competitor. I never knew what my future held, and neither did he. 

If you truly love someone, that love is unconditional and uncontrollable. You can think that you have a say in who you fall in love with, but that thought comes with the certainty that you have never been truly and irrevocably in love. If Sakura had it her way, she would have ended up with him, not me. 

It all started when we were 13. 

Now that I am 17, I know better now that I am in fact the other competitor. 

____________________________________

4 years earlier

It was a bright, sunny day in Konoha when 2 similar looking girls were walking down a road in the middle of the village. One girl, the red haired girl, was being pulled by her "older" twin sister. Sakura Haruno could be seen yanking her twin, Akane, by the wrist. 

"C'mon Akane! Hurry!" Sakura yelled out, dragging Akane through the crowds of people on the busy street. Akane at this point was very annoyed. She had been getting ready for her last few days at the academy when her sister decided it was a good idea to drag her to find a certain raven haired boy. 

"If I make it to the Uchiha compound, maybe Sasuke-kun will want to walk with me to class!" the pinkette shouted in excitement. Akane deadpanned at her siser, 'seriously? What am I? chopped liver?' Akane thought.

Just as the thought passed crossed her mind, she felt a rock hit her foot, sending her tumbling straight to the ground. As she was standing back up, she noticed a certain pink-haired kunoichi was gone.

Akane reached up and wiped the sweat off her forehead, "Thank Kami. I can't keep up with her this early in the morning."

Akane fixed her attire, dusting herself off, and fixed her hair. Once she was satisfied with herself, she turned in the opposite direction and headed to class. On her way, she spotted a certain Hyuuga making her own way to the academy as well. 

"Hey Hinata!" Akane called, reaching up her right hand in a wave. Hinata turned and looked at the redhead. 

"Oh! H-hi Akane!" She stuttered, surprised to see Akane this morning. Normally, Akane was at the academy before herself. "W-what are you doing out here so late? you're usually early to class" She pointed out. 

"Oh yeah, Sakura decided that today was a good day to test my patience. But it's whatever, as long as I'm not late to class" Akane shrugged. At this point, she was used to Sakura's antics. She had lived with her sister for 13 years and had always been that way. Akane just hated it when Sakura interrupted her training time or meditation to go on these dumb adventures. 

"I've noticed that Sakura likes to test your patience often, hehe" Hinata giggled as the two began walking to the academy. She had gone to school with the twins since they first started at the academy. Although her and Sakura didn't quite hit it off, she could say otherwise about Akane. Akane was very sweet and smart, and she stood up for her classmates often when they needed it the most. Most often it was the other girls in the class that usually said snarky comments about girls like Hinata or Akane, but the redhead never had any issues putting an end to the comments. 

The two girls eventually made it to the classroom and slid the door open, stepping inside. Most of the other classmates were already in attendance while some, a specific blonde, had not made his way to the school yet. Hinata always chose to sit next to Akane and usually some of the boys would gravitate in that direction as well. It could be said that because Akane was a very pretty, calm and collected girl in the academy unlike most of the other girls, she had some boys that drooled over her. One boy in particular had been Kiba Inuzuka.