Escaping the Huanted House 03

I hung up the call without a second thought. When my eyes landed on the screen, all my blood went curdled.

666.

It showed the call I just dialed was 666.

But I remembered very clearly the number I dialed was 911.

If there was no ghost, I must be completely mental.

My heart was pounding as I stared at my phone. The world around me was spinning as I tried desperately to make sense of the current situation.

The words that weird voice said still scraped my ears.

She got into the garage...
She wants to eat your face...

No... That was not good.

My heart dropped to my stomach as I bolted down the corridor.

I had been particularly cautious when I closed all the doors and windows on the control. I also made sure the garage door was not open.

But I remembered seeing a short length of plastic tube protruding above the garage door when I waited on the porch before Mrs. Dunn held the door open for me.

That "she" the trick-or-treater mentioned had to be the black cat.

Even the garage door was shut, she could still easily get in through the tube.

The inside door of the garage opened to the living room. If the trick-or-treater wasn't lying, that little monster must have found its way into the house.

I must stop her!

Just the moment when I arrived at the living room, a shadowy figure zoomed out of the garage door like a bolt of black lightning, aiming at my face.

Everything happened so fast. I didn't even get a chance to think. Holding the electric swatter up high, I gave my full strength and swung it across the air.

The swatter met the cat's body in the mid-air, sending her flying across the room. The cat made a shrilly scream as she fell back into the garage.

A loud clanking followed.

She must hit something hard when she landed. I felt the pain only by hearing her furious shrill.

I didn't expect myself to hit the target with such accuracy. For a moment, I just stood there, holding the swatter tightly in my fists, panting.

The garage was pitch-black.
I couldn't figure out what was happening.
Walking forth and checking out didn't sound safe.
I could only pray I just hit her hard enough to paralyze her.
However, things didn't go as I expected.

A pair of glowing yellow eyes soon materialized in the dark like two ghostly lanterns, glaring at me hatefully.

"Are you fucking kidding me...?" I breathed. 

The cat growled under her throat threateningly. I knew she was brooding a second pounce.

I had been told that I was built differently since a child. Other people might need to go through a whole meltdown session before bouncing back.

But I was just not that type of person.

Menace and threat made me angry and gave me the will to fight back.

Being constantly mistreated in life, you could say anger was what kept me alive.

The tie between me and the black cat only lasted seconds before the little monster finally lost her patience. Making a furious shrill, she bolted at me like an arrow.