Chapter 19

Ryans house

I get home after a hectic night out. I can't even figure out why this weird shit is happening to me, I want to ask my parents, but I can't risk it knowing this girl is human, my mom would probably be okay with it, but she would have to have a talk with my dad to convince him to even entertain the idea. Instead, I make my way to my family's library room. I search the section towards the far back, there has to be something here to help me. 

I remember having to study in this room, falling asleep with my face in a book or two trying to comprehend how my family works around everything from financial situations to living among humans but still isolated from them. Using my heightened sense of sight, I scan all the books looking for the one that could explain to me even a portion of this confusing situation I have. I grab a book labeled "Vampires mark". I remember reading this one but I'm not sure it has what I'm looking for.

I walk towards the couch in the library and sit down and begin to read. A vampire's mark is significant in the case of claiming slaves, which we don't do anymore. The marks from feeding can be healed by licking the wound, the saliva has a healing power only activated in feeding, so victim, slave or person does not bleed out. I skim pages looking for an exact phrase that describes my situation. Knowing well enough that I most likely won't find it here.

4 Hours Later

I groan out loud. I read through 23 books and not a damn thing can explain anything to me. This is seemingly turning impossible, I may just have to turn to my parents for advice, I'll have to get my mom alone without dad over hearing, I don't need more shit to add onto my already over whelming situation. I leave the books on the table and use my speed to go up to dads office where mom will most likely be. She's always with him. 

When I make it up to the dark wooden oak door of my dad's office, I knock on his door waiting.

"Come in"

My dad calls. I pull open the door and walk in closing the door behind me, as I suspected my mom is sitting next to him around the desk and helping him with documents. They still love each other after all this time but they also can be really scary when they want to be. My mom is more a peacekeeper than a fighter, but she can fight pretty good, she just chooses that as an absolute last resort. My dad however is pretty ruthless on his own, very demanding, straight forward and gets to business fast but also strategically smart. 

I look at mom then dad, he eyes me and gives me a look as if he's trying to figure out my secret already.

"Mom can we talk?"

"You guys can talk right here in the room"

My dad says, he clearly wants to know why I only want mom since I rarely ever ask for anything. I keep my face unreadable and only look at mom. 

"I need to talk to mom about.."

I pause trying to think of a convincing enough lie to have him let mom go and talk to me alone in private. I see my mom catching on and oh did I mention she's good at being sneaky, I'm not sure how my dad hasn't notice it yet, she must be too good at it for her own good, but I'm pretty sure he will only find out when mom wants him too. She shares a sly smile with me that my dad happens to miss as he goes to look at mom.

"Darling maybe he wants to talk about that"

I feel myself already turning red, oh if I wasn't already undead, I'd have asked the world to kill me now. Mentally face palming myself. My dad shares a look with mom and then he starts blushing. I want to laugh, it's hard to embarrass someone who's always tough all the time. He nods to her. Rising up out of her chair she walks towards me and nods her head to follow her. 

We walk down the stairs and past the living room into the kitchen. She gestures for me to sit down. This is going to be a lot harder than I originally thought. I'm not good with opening up and talking about my feelings, no guy is, shit we always try to be tough and strong all the time. The moment we need help with something like this we get stuck. I look at mom as she patienly waits for me to explain.