Chapter one

Some people thought the end of the world was going to zombies. Some thought the earth would explode. But I guess we all were surprised when our government went corrupt. 

That day... We all knew our lives would not be the same. We lost all our rights... There was no such thing as freedom anymore...

(13 years ago)

"Alexis! I hate this game!" I yelled at my best friend who seemed to enjoy my frustration. "Oh, come on! stop being a wimp!" he yelled back at me. I groaned in annoyance standing up and walking away.

"Oh, come on...!" Alexis had shouted to me. "Can we just play a different game..." I say annoyed. "Ugh... fine crybaby" he says with an annoyed tone. 

I turned around and looked at him and he stared back at me. He got up from his sitting position and walked towards me. "I have the perfect game..." he said as his frowned disappeared. 

"Tag!" he said as he touched my shoulder and started running. "Hey! that's not fair!" I shout as him. I started running after him.

As I am rushing towards him trying to tag him, I tripped and fell. I cry out in pain and look at my now scraped knee. I look towards the object that had tripped me.

A stupid rock...  I then heard walking towards me and looked up to see Alexis. "Are you ok?" he asked as he kneeled down to me. I sniffle and nod and he smiled at me. "Let's go get you fixed up" he says.

He then grabbed my arm and tried pulling me up. I leaned on him as I kept my leg up. "I knew you always needed me" he said with his cocky voice. "Oh, shut up!" I say to him flicking his head. 

He rolled his eyes and laughed. We started walking back to my house when we started to hear a noise... We heard a helicopter noise. We both looked up in the sky and saw a lot of helicopters going by.

"Woah..." I say seeing all of them go by us. "Why is there so many?" I say to Alexis. "I don't know-" he started to say but got cut off by yelling. "Y/n! Alexis!" we both looked towards the yelling of our names.

We both saw my mom running towards us with a scared look. "You both inside the house now" she said demanding. "Alright, Mrs. L/N" Alexis said as he helped me towards the house. 

We both went up the steps into my house. I saw my dad talking on his phone. It would have been normal, but he seemed like the mom... A scared look was painted on his face.

 My mom had followed behind us and said, "Alexis your moms coming to get you." Alexis had nodded confused since he was supposed to stay longer. 

My mom walked towards the dad and dragged him to another room. Me and Alexis looked at each other and shrugged. "Well, if you have to go home, we better have fun before that." I say to him and nods at me.

"First lets get your knee fixed up" he says, and I nod to him. We both walked towards the bathroom. "Where is your med kit?" Alexis had asked. I pointed to the cabinet. 

He opened the little doors and grabbed the med kit. He walked back towards me and started to open the med kit. We both looked at the supplies in the kit. We both looked at it confused. 

"Uhh why is there so much and no instructions..." Alexis said. "Alexis you never even use instructions" I say to him and looks at me and rolls his eyes. 

"I wonder what's going on" I say to him, and he nods at me. As he took out some sort of bandages. He started to bandage my leg. 

After he was done, he gave a proud smile. "Who needs a doctor when you have me" he says with a laugh. This time I was the one to roll my eyes at him.