1 ||

You: do you wanna play a game

Kyle 🤐💕: why?

You: because it'll be fun trust me

You: I'll send you the link

You: https://drawwithme.com

Kyle 🤐💕: bruh

Kyle 🤐💕: I'm so bad at drawing

You: I know!

Kyle 🤐💕: you're in art I take chemistry I'm gonna be so bad

You: relax there are randos playing with us too

Kyle 🤐💕: exactly and now they're gonna know how bad I am at art too

You: lol

You: ft?

Kyle 🤐💕: sure gimmie a sec

Incoming facetime from Kyle 🤐💕

I picked up the phone and answered him. "Heyyy," I said nonchalantly. I placed my phone next to my iPad while both Kyle and I sat up the game.

"I'm so bad at drawing. Can we play Minecraft?" Kyle begged.

"Noooo, I wanna see how bad you are! You never draw around me." I laughed as Kyle gave me the look he always gave me when I was being annoying.

"Okay we can play a couple rounds, but then I'm leaving and we're playing something else." I nodded. The round began and we were told to draw a flamingo.

"Oh my god, this is so bad," Kyle murmured while I could hear his mouse clicking around.

"Mine's turning out great, so that sucks for you!" I said. Before we knew it, the three minute timer was up and we began voting for the best drawing.

"Y'know you can play this in Minecraft, right?" Kyle asked me. "And Roblox too, I think."

"Yeah, but those versions are boring. You have to build and put in effort. Here you can just doodle," I said.

"Roblox's version is the exact same, what do you mean??" We laughed it off as my flamingo popped up on the screen.

"This one's mine, vote five stars!" I told Kyle.

"Mmm, I'm gonna give it a two. Seems kinda rushed to me," the boy said. I rolled my eyes at him while the drawing changed again. "That one's mine."

The drawing on screen was horrendous. Yes, it was pink, but I couldn't even tell it was supposed to be a flamingo. The neck was fat and short, and it only had one leg. The pink wasn't even inside the lines, Kyle had just scribbled the color all around the canvas. I tried to hold in my laughter but it came out before I could say anything else.

"God, this is awful! Kyle, I'm giving it five stars," I said through my laughs.

"Wait, five? Why?"

"Because I love how you gave it zero dedication. And because I give my friends FIVE STARS." Kyle laughed while I tapped my screen to give him the five stars he definitely did not deserve. When the round was over, I ended up getting second and Kyle got third. We hoorahed in our victories while the second round began.

Halfway through the round, however, Kyle's screen froze. I could hear him pick up his phone. "Shoot, Ashley's calling me. Sorry, Tailia, I have to go. We can play some other time."

"Oh, yeah. Tell Ashley I said hi," I said, trying to sound happy. I continued to play the game after Kyle left and answered his girlfriend.

Once I knew I was the only person staring back at me on my phone screen, I sighed and slouched back in my chair. "Shit," I said to myself.

I knew I shouldn't be jealous, but Ashley was the luckiest girl in the world. Kyle was her boyfriend, a thing that I secretly wished had never happened to begin with, because I could've had a chance to date my crush.