Chapter : 2

C h a p t e r : t w o : Where The Lonely Ones Roam

My eyes fluttered open. I blinked a few times before slowly sitting up on bed. I yawned and stretched out my arms. I blindly reached for my phone on the bedside table and checked the time. 

2:48 a.m

I guess, no one woke me up for dinner. Why couldn't I just have woken up in the morning?

I sighed inwardly. Now I know I won't be getting any sleep.

I got up from the bed and stood in front of the mirror and glanced at my reflection. 

One word.

Hell.

My emerald coloured eyes were puffy and dull. My hair was a mess and I had red stretch mark on the half of my face that was pressed against the bed while I was sleeping. Anyone else hate those? I do. My eyes zoomed in on that one little pimple that was growing on the center of my nose.

I almost shrieked in horror. Oh God no. Not on the nose. Pimple on the face is one thing but pimple on the peak of your nose is another. Hell no.

I think, it was safe to say that I looked nothing less than a disaster. It seems as if it's been ages since the last time I took a shower but I decided to ignore it for a while because food comes first. My stomach grumbled in agreement.

I pull up my hair in a messy bun and went downstairs to look for something to eat. I tiptoed all the way to the kitchen, careful not to wake anyone. Once I reached the fridge, I saw a piece of paper attached to it with duct tape. After getting rid of the sticky tape, which took me about a minute or so, I opened the paper. Apparently, it was a note from mom.

I tried to wake you but you sleep like the dead. In case you wake up, there's lasagna and cake in the fridge. 

Love,

Mom.

I shook my head at this. I should've seen this coming. Mom used to stick these notes on our lunch boxes when we were kids with our names and endearments on it. Such as,

Tootsie sprinkle-pie. That one was for Jessica.

Mine was, Sweet sugar sweeper.

Mom got a little extra creative with Jaden's. Sometimes I think it was intentional.

Cuddly-wuddly poppsie sparkly glitter-bag.

Yup. Definitely intentional.

He used to get so pissed whenever mom used to call him that thing.

I threw the note in the bin and opened the fridge. After taking out my food and placing it on the kitchen island. I took a seat and dug right into the food. Did I mention that my mom's cooking is absolute perfection?

Suddenly, I heard the front door jingle and heavy foot steps coming this way. Jaden marched in the kitchen, his blue eyes were flashing with irritation. He had a bruise forming on his left cheek that will probably turn into a nasty big one tomorrow plus a black eye. It seems as if he had gotten into a fight, which is quite odd because he isn't the type of person who got into much fights.

After taking an ice pack from the fridge, he took a seat next to me on the kitchen island while pressing ice pack on his face.

"What happened?" I asked as I took a bite of cake. I almost moaned at how good it tastes.

"Had a little fight." He groaned as he clenched and then unclenched his jaw.

"Well apparently, it wasn't so little." I said while eyeing his bruise.