Lost Boy

You are my Peter Pan; my Jack Frost; my Link - just, with a voice. You are the ones I always wanted to marry, but I just never thought they could actually be real. You know: the computer science geek, or the guy who loves riddles, or the mechanical genius. The guy who reads books and listens to old music and is an old soul at heart with an amazing ability to adapt to the new way of life.
I never really saw the appeal of a knight in shining armor. The type that will come to rescue me and slay the beast, take me back to his home and protect me for all of forever. Not that it's a bad thing. It's just not what I ever wanted.
No, you're the guy who goes on adventures and takes me along. You are the hero that will give your life for mine in an instant, but you still want to fight with me, not just for me. You see the value in my opinion, yet you don't expect me to make all of the decisions. We do things together.
You're my lost boy, and Glader, and I love you so deeply and calmly. I didn't think it was true. Such a love was only fiction - designed to make me long for something I could never really have. Make me want to be someone I could never really be. But I see now that I was only told that it was fiction because of those few in the beginning who didn't want anyone to find this kind of love - the kind that just feels natural - like life.
I don't enjoy the thought of having to wait to live the rest of forever with you, but I know what's worse would be to not ever see you until the time when you are ready to see me. But I'll wait for you gladly if you promise to give me a chance; a glance; a moment of your days. I promise to try my best to be my best, even when my best isn't the best it can be.
Two years isn't long. Not really, I know. It's just that I can't see if two years is all it will take. But two years, or four, or six, or ten, if you promise to love me, I'll begin right here and now, just waiting for you. My heart isn't broken anymore. And you know, it's all because of you.
No matter how this unfolds, please never forget that you don't have to change yourself to make good people love you.