2. Raghav

"Whiskey, neat"

He sat down at the bar with his back to the crowded  ballroom. He hated these parties. Especially the people that attended them. Some of the Old Money families hated his presence here. To them he will always be a street rat no matter how much money and power. They weren't the ones he disliked as much, as they did not pretend to like him. It was the group of people that were accepting to his face. But carried dislike in their hearts.  They hated him but would use him for his money and power. If weren't for his money and power they would turn against him. Finally the people he hated the most were the ones that treated him as a show piece. They wanted to be in his life to experience the "gangster life". All the people that were in attendance fell into one of these categories as such he stayed away from them all.

He drank the glass of whiskey in front of him in one shot and signaled for another. Vaasu, as always was late. It was typical of Vaasu to arrive late so that his arrival would cause the most stir amongst the guests. If it wasn't for their friendship, he would not be at this party. Unfortunately for him, Vaasu loved attending these parties. For him the people provided a source of amusement and he loved to play them like a puppet master.

He looked at his watch once more before taking another look around the room. His eyes lands on a familiar face - Richa. She was dressed in a red saree. It was draped in such a way that any man wouldn't be able to look away.  The middle aged man she was talking to was having a hard time keeping his eyes on her face. Her smile confirmed her intentions. Though he couldn't remember the man's name he knew that the man had recently sold his company for a hefty price.

Richa laughed and flirtatiously placed a hand on his arm. A tinge of pink appeared on his cheeks. Clearly, Richa had the fool hooked. He didn't blame the guy. It would be hard for any man to resist the pull of Richa. She had the face of an angel and a body of a siren. He turned away from them, if the man was stupid enough to be trapped in a woman web. Then he deserved whatever came his way.

He resumed his search for Vaasu again. This time he was successful, Vaasu was walking towards him.  He didn't have any problems keeping up with Vaasu's progression - Vaasu's immense  height made him stick out in a crowd of people.

When the bartender neared his side, he ordered another whiskey for himself and one for Vaasu. The drink has barely been placed down when the man appeared next to it.

"Raghav"

Vaasu joyfully slapped his back. Pain radiated down his spin. A lesser man would have been down on the floor. He barely moved a inch. It was a old habit of Vaasu's that he learned to plant his feet steadily when the former man was near.

"Why are you sitting alone by the bar. When there is so much entertainment all around."

"This is not my type of entertainment."

"You best find another entertainment, since yours is currently busy with someone else."

He shook his head, as Vaasu laughed. It didn't surprise him that Vaasu had noticed Richa on the edge of the Ballroom. There was little that missed Vaasu's eyes. 

"Why am I here?"

"To give me company of course"

"When did you become such a woman Vaasu?"

"Maybe I was hoping you would find something or someone here"

That statement required no response from him so continued to drink.

"Fine. I wanted you to talk to about the Delhi deal"

"There is always something with you"

"Listen"

"Fine."

That gave Vaasu a pause.

"If you want to do the deal. We will do the deal."

Finally Vaasu smiled again. "And you say I am emotional"

"I am about to leave you alone"

"Of that I am sure"

He was confused Until a manicured hand rested on his shoulder.

"Raghav, Vaasu"

He swiveled around to face her.

"Richa"

Her smile would have melted even the strongest of hearts.

"I was looking for a dance partner.." she trailed off, implying the question.

Vaasu smiled. "I would be honored, since Raghav doesn't dance"

He guided Richa off to the dance floor. 

He watched them sway on the floor, drawing all eyes. He searched out the man that Richa was speaking to earlier. As expected he was staring at the couple from the sidelines. He had to smile at feelings of jealously etched on his face. He had already dreamed of a life with Richa from a few sweet words and couple of touches. Foolish was the man to feel jealous over a woman and he was happy to be free of such foolishness.

As the song came to an end, Vaasu and Richa made their way back to him. He stood up, letting Vaasu know his intention of leaving. Richa came to stand next to him, placing her hand on his.

"Thank you for the dance Vaasu. Raghav don't be a stranger"

With a small peck on his cheek she walked towards the exit.

"Looks like it's going to be a lonely night for you, my friend"

"You shouldn't bet against me Vaasu"

He raised his hand showing Vaasu the room card that Richa has slipped into his hand.

"You are the devil Raghav, and to think I thought we made a connection during the dance"

This time he laughed. Vaasu looked irritated.

"One of these days. You will meet a woman that will make you run circles. Then I will get my  laugh in."

"That day will never come. Now if you will excuse me. I have somewhere to be."

Without waiting for a response he walked away as he heard Vaasu say a particularly imaginative curse word. He walked over to elevators as he thought about the nights he spent  with Richa in the past. Anticipating heat rose in his body. He could already imagine what it will be like tonight. He stood in front of her door for a second wondering which Richa he was going to get tonight. As he opened the door he saw a sight that made him ache. Richa was waiting in the middle of a big bed sipping wine while wearing sheerest pink lingerie. He strode over to the bed removing his jacket and unbuttoning his shirt. As he dropped his clothes he grabbed her ankles and pulled towards him. He bent down to capture her lips as his hands ran all over her body. He turned around and fell back in bed with Richa on top of him. Together they pleasured one another.