Prologue

Winter 20 Year X

◦•●◉✿ 𝐸𝑚𝑚𝑎'𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉 ✿◉●•◦

I've never been to Grandpa's farm. Dad preferred it in the city. But Grandpa's on his last days, said Dad, so here we are. Dad went to town to sell the last of Grandpa's things so I was sitting in a chair across from Grandpa in his bed when I heard him call for me. "Emma... is your dad nearby?"
"N-no... why?" I asked in a meek voice.
"Run and go find him... I fear my time is coming to an end..." Grandpa croaked. I got up amd ran out, not worrying about the cold or the snow fighting against me.

☆彡彡 ѕєвαѕтιαη'ѕ ρσν ミミ☆

"Why did you have to bring Maru? She ruins everything!" I complain. My mom sighed, having a bag of groceries in one arm and Maru napping in the other. "Sebastian, be nice. She's your sister-"
"Half-sister." I state. "Besides, Demetrius could have-" I started before a girl I've never seen and couldn't have been more that 5 ran into me.
"I'm sorry!" the girl says as she looks at me with her strikingly sterling blue-grey eyes. Once she realized I was ok, she ran to a man nearby.
"Emma? What's the matter?" the man asked the girl, Emma. My mom stopped in her tracks.
"It's Grandpa. He said-" she exclaimed. The man and Emm ran off as Mom dropped her groceries. I was so confused. Grandpa? No one was that old. Except...

◦•●◉✿ 𝐸𝑚𝑚𝑎'𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉 ✿◉●•◦

"... and for my very special granddaughter." Grandpa horsely whispers. Dad stepped out to keep from crying in front of me. "... I want you to have this sealed envelope." I walk closer, taking the soft ivory envelope, tracing the purple seal as I prepare to open it. "No, no, don't open it yet..." Grandpa coughs. "Have patience. Now listen close... " I inch closer, holding fge envelope close. "There will come a day when you feel crushed by the burden of modern life... and your bright spirit will fade before a growing emptiness."
"But Grandpa, I like my life." I said in confusion.
He let out a weak laugh. "You won't always Emma. And when that happens my dear, you'll be ready for this for this gift."
Grandpa starts coughing much more violently. Dad rushes in, pulling me away as the doctor runs in. "Let's let Grandpa rest, ok?" he tells me.

8 days later

☆彡彡 ѕєвαѕтιαη'ѕ ρσν ミミ☆

It's raining... Fitting.... It's sad to know the old farmer is gone, even more upsetting that his son isn't staying to keep the farm open. Mom left Maru at home while she brought me to the farm. "Robin... thank you so much for the shrine for my dad." the man, who've I've gathered is Emma's dad and the farmer's son, said.
"Of course. Though, I couldn't have done it without Sebby."
I rolled my eyes and walked away as my mom kept talking. I found my way to the river behind the farmhouse. Letting the rain pour around me, I say by the riverbank. Frogs were hiding in bushes nearby which was the only good thing to me. Even in the gloom of death, there's still the light of life.
"Sebby! We'll be leaving soon!" I heard my mom call. I turn to head back when in the window, a familiar pair of blue-grey eyes were looking at me through the curtains. Emma. I hesitantly wave to her and instantly, she hid. I only sighed and left. Maybe tomorrow, it won't be raining and I'll get to talk to her. Except tomorrow never came.
She left before it did.

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿°✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

Author's note: I write each chapter on paper before I type them out. Additionally, I'm playing the game as Emma while I'm writing so the chapters will be delayed especially because I have my own personal save file and the story's save file. So be patient and hopefully you enjoy it✨

Word Count: 607