03: N.I.B

Carietta

My phone slips out of my hand. My sister was kidnapped by someone. That someone is threatening me. My sister could die. The realization hits me like a truck. I pick my phone back up and get out of my car, deciding to show the police this text. Just as I'm about to enter the police station again, my phone buzzes. I pull it out, and see another text from an unknown person. Hesitantly, I open it and read the message:

Getting the cops involved? Tsk. Bad move, Carrie. Tell the pigs and CeCe dies.
-X

Feeling that this "X" person isn't bluffing, I walk back to my car and go home. When I pull up in my driveway, I see Vivi standing on my front porch.

"Vivi?" I called out. "What are you doing here?"
"I was hoping CeCe would be home. I needed to speak to her about something." She told me. "It's important."

Resisting the urge to roll my eyes, I walk up to her.

"CeCe hasn't been home in a few days, Viv. I just came back from the police station, I was there to file a missing person's report."
"She's missing?" Vivi asked with tears in her eyes, threatening to spill. "Is it true? Oh, god. I was hoping it wasn't..."
"What do you mean you were 'hoping it wasn't true'?" I asked skeptically. "What happened, Vivi?"
"I got a text from an unknown number this morning." She pulled out her phone and clicked on it to show me.

I spy with my little eye, an insolent little girl who needs to be taught a lesson.
-X

An image is attached just like my first text from "X". I very reluctantly clicked on it, and froze when I saw it.. The picture is once again of my sister, but this time it looks like she's in a hospital, strapped down to a surgical table, and she looks asleep. But that wasn't the thing about the picture that scared me, not at all, no. The thing about the picture that scared me, made me fear for my twin's life, was the masked person standing over her with a scalpel in their gloved hand.

"Look into my eyes, you'll see who I am. My name is Lucifer, please take my hand."

Thank you so much for reading, don't forget to vote, and I'll see you in the next chapter!